Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iggy,diferences between the vang and the spit?

Comment

Originally posted by core personal training View Post
      iggy IS the kid in his family ...!!!!!
      Well said core, I like to keep it young til this earth has no more use for me

Comment

Originally posted by PUKAS View Post
        Iggy,diferences between the vang and the spit?
        Hey Pukas, have not have the conditions to ride the Vanguard yet, but a grosso modo this is waht I see:
        The vanguard has to be seen in person. You don't get the idea of the nose and the contours until you hold the board in your hands.
        1)For starters, the straigh line on the board from nose to tail gives this board a great planning area which has a reduced resistance to the water, hence making the board really fast.
        2)Most of the foam on the board is located under the chest/front foot which makes the board paddle ok (it is true that the board will preffer better waves) despite the configuration.
        3)The board has some sort of little spines on the corners of the nose which, combined with the single concave and rocker, makes for the nose no to pearl.

Since I coudn't surf the board due to lack of waves, I took it out for a paddle just to see how it floated. @89Kgs 6/4 suit with 5mm gloves and 7mm boots, I was surprised with the way the 5'6" held my weight. I can't but wait for some surf to actually get this one a try. Innovative design, crazy engineering in it
        Now compared to the spit, the biggest difference will be on the range of conditions they both cover, with the Spitfire handling the bigger one.
        Performance wise, the spit will not be as fast as the VG. If you are a competent surfer on the aereal game and your normal conditions tend to be on the good range, the VG is a board you wanna have around. I do see the VG on a quiver as an HP board with a Potatonator or a Spitfire alongside.
        Can't get enough of looking at the board.
        Any news if this one will be offered in FST or the contours will make it hard?

Comment

Originally posted by iggy View Post
          Hey Pukas, have not have the conditions to ride the Vanguard yet, but a grosso modo this is waht I see:
          The vanguard has to be seen in person. You don't get the idea of the nose and the contours until you hold the board in your hands.
          1)For starters, the straigh line on the board from nose to tail gives this board a great planning area which has a reduced resistance to the water, hence making the board really fast.
          2)Most of the foam on the board is located under the chest/front foot which makes the board paddle ok (it is true that the board will preffer better waves) despite the configuration.
          3)The board has some sort of little spines on the corners of the nose which, combined with the single concave and rocker, makes for the nose no to pearl.

Since I coudn't surf the board due to lack of waves, I took it out for a paddle just to see how it floated. @89Kgs 6/4 suit with 5mm gloves and 7mm boots, I was surprised with the way the 5'6" held my weight. I can't but wait for some surf to actually get this one a try. Innovative design, crazy engineering in it
          Now compared to the spit, the biggest difference will be on the range of conditions they both cover, with the Spitfire handling the bigger one.
          Performance wise, the spit will not be as fast as the VG. If you are a competent surfer on the aereal game and your normal conditions tend to be on the good range, the VG is a board you wanna have around. I do see the VG on a quiver as an HP board with a Potatonator or a Spitfire alongside.
          Can't get enough of looking at the board.
          Any news if this one will be offered in FST or the contours will make it hard?
          Been told it will def be offered in FST but I was told that re the Baked Potato and that intention was changed.

Comment

thanks for the info.so def i go for my vang at 5,8 at 32L.and let see how the little hot rod goes.can,t wait anymore i think they reach europe next month.alohaaaaa.

Comment

Nos avisas y cuelga algunas fotillos!!!

Comment

eso esta echo.nos vemos,ya me diras que te parece la uni y como te va la vang

Comment

Originally posted by PUKAS View Post
                  eso esta echo.nos vemos,ya me diras que te parece la uni y como te va la vang
                  Seguro!!

Comment

Originally posted by iggy View Post
                    Colder temperatures just mean more rubber on, and more rubber mean the pain in the butt to get it on and off. Besides not that cold today... -14C ;)
                    Colder temps means less crowds and less crowds means more waves. Loving the look of your new VG.

Comment

Originally posted by pmorgan View Post
                      Colder temps means less crowds and less crowds means more waves. Loving the look of your new VG.
                      Thanks bud!!. Love winter surfing,that weird feeling that tells you you are not supposed to be there but yet you are. The bucket in the car to defrost the zipper so you can get change, the icicles in the visor. If only we could get through without the gloves...

Comment

Ha, Iggy's winter surfing differs from most of ours I'm sure. I've never had icicles on my hood or had to defrost my zipper that's for sure!

Comment

Waxed and ready...for the third time jejjeAttachment
                          Attached Files

Comment

u guys r too funny. my winter only sux cus of the 1.5mm longsleeve i put on just to break the wind. lol. the waves r head high and i didnt go out cus of 30+mph winds. lol.

Comment

Don't worry, I rather deal with the cold than with wind!! ;)

Comment

you have to try it first PRJ. don't put the writing on the wall yet. the 506 is money...

Comment

Working...
                                X