Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think u guys took my post the wrong way. I like being the "Old Guy" in the line-up. I like young surfers come up and try to show me what they got. It betters my surfing and theirs. In fact, it just makes me super competitive. I dont think i questioned anybody's fitness or skills due to age.

Comment

Originally posted by fokaiHI View Post
      I think u guys took my post the wrong way. I like being the "Old Guy" in the line-up. I like young surfers come up and try to show me what they got. It betters my surfing and theirs. In fact, it just makes me super competitive. I dont think i questioned anybody's fitness or skills due to age.
      Hey Fokai...no offence intended... I just get a bit sensitive I guess at the thought 42 might be "old"...I used to think that when I was 25, but now I feel great bar a few injuries here or there. Surfing keeps me young for sure. But....I too have grey in my beard now and ....have often thought of reaching for the Grecian 2000, lol.

Comment

No worries. i get it. when i was 20, i wud paddle straight out to the best guy in the water, and if i didnt know him, i wud just move him out. nowadays, when ur the guy deep and have a beard like the dude from lord of the rings, the younger gen tries to move in. its really quite funny. i think the one question i get asked the most is "do u have a job, and if so, how can i do what u do?" because i surf everyday. here's another teaser w the 5'10http://youtu.be/4p-kB1MDmjc

Comment

there's one thing about aging we have sidestepped...

Attachment

THE SLICE OF DEVON

OH DEAR
          Attached Files
          Last edited by core personal training; 03-11-2013, 03:43 AM.

Comment

lol. at 41, i still rock my locks.

Comment

I think my nostril moustache is of far more concern, that and mutton chops that start from the ear canal!
              Last edited by Slowman; 03-11-2013, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Revision to the "Age is a state of mind". Should read "Age is a state of mind and a state of foam"

Going for the 602 VG rocketship after demo on the 600. Got it working but reckon 10% foam bonus would be a 'crowd pleaser'. An extraordinary board.
                A bit anxious that most are riding in the 5's but had a few surfs on it so decision made.

Comment

good call Denchy. i went lil big and dont regret it. although i will say that i will b dropping my VG w my glasser for the third time. ea time were small chips to ea side of the nose and a small shatter to the rail. kind of a bummer. i did hold a Tomo Vader and Deathstar today in poly at a local shop. i had to show self control not to drop $$$. i buy a lot of boards, but this one might freak my wife out. i haven't passed the 6 week rule yet. maybe next week unless there is good word about the V4. the boards were pretty sick. sometimes poly can feel so good w the weight.

Comment

Yeah would prefer the fst as am more than impressed with the durability of my other 2. Ding free after 12 months.
                    We are the same weight, height but l'm15 years on the wrong side so I guess 4" diff on the VG makes it comparable with the age diff.
                    Easier to hide the new boards as I keep them all white, but a bit much to pull the VG out of the cover and trot out the gate with it under the arm with the line "you mean this old thing?".

I mean even young kids say "Hey daddy, thats a funny surfboard"

Comment

Attachment

FST proto in testing!
                      Attached Files

Comment

aaah. FST!!! thanks prj. ok. now when?

Comment

no idea, but 2014 wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Here's the 5'10 at work. i cudnt but the drop was funAttachment Attachment
                            Attached Files

Comment

you've got one of those evil leggy's there mate...i've got one too... tries to strangle me like a python..!!

Comment

Originally posted by fokaiHI View Post
                                Here's the 5'10 at work. i cudnt but the drop was funAttachment Attachment
                                Are you using Waxywax there?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X