X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanguard??

I'm currently surfing a 5ft 6in Dominator and I've a lot of uptalk on the Vanguard and I'm looking into getting one. What size would be good for me? I'm about 6ft 1in and 150lb..
    Thanx

5'4" is a safe bet I reckon

Comment

length might be the challenge here. How`s your surfing these days

Comment

I dunno, the length would be close to Tomo's original sizing advice.

Comment

I am also very confused on what size to go for. I ride a 5,8 Sc 27.3 litres I am an average surfer fit but don't like feeling that I am struggling to get a board into waves. The 5"6 seems a tad too much vol but the 5"4 seems too little. Will the shape of this board really make that big of a difference. I Live in northern Scotland at Thurso and our waves have punch but I want the VG as an all rounder. Any thoughts?. I am 5"7 70 kgs.

Comment

I'd def go 5'4 at your height and weight. Iggy with nearly 20kg on you said the 506 paddles good for him in 6/5/4. I've got a 5'6 on the way at 77kg but really feel like the 5'4 would go good... I wish I could demo both.

Comment

Cheers Prj it's always tough when you can't demo boards we have trouble getting wax up here. Thank God for Msw.

Comment

Pmorgan, I want to come to Thurso and surf that right! What thickness rubber do you guys wear up there? I'll bring a few thousand cakes of wax LOL

Comment

surfed thurso 25 years ago...locals (all 2 of them) told me i had to pull in because the sheet ice in the lip would decapitate me... there's motivation for ya...lies of course, but it gee'd me up...!!!... had to borrow a thick, stiff, pink fluro wetty off the fistral boys... that was a good look..!!

Comment

Originally posted by pmorgan View Post
                    Cheers Prj it's always tough when you can't demo boards we have trouble getting wax up here. Thank God for Msw.
                    Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                    I'd def go 5'4 at your height and weight. Iggy with nearly 20kg on you said the 506 paddles good for him in 6/5/4. I've got a 5'6 on the way at 77kg but really feel like the 5'4 would go good... I wish I could demo both.
                    Originally posted by Slowman View Post
                    Pmorgan, I want to come to Thurso and surf that right! What thickness rubber do you guys wear up there? I'll bring a few thousand cakes of wax LOL
                    HI Slowman we normally ware a 5/4 all year but manage without the hood and gloves from April to Oct depending on the weather. Thurso East is a killer right hander but there are so many good spots here reef,s beaches etc. If you ever do deside to come over drop me a line on my email t [email protected] you can stay with me and the missus.

Comment

Hi Pmorgan, that's very generous...my mate in Lothian says I bring good weather with me! I do get to Edinburgh on business very occasionally, I'll have to try to get up there next time.

Comment

Working...
                      X