X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FW/Tomo V4

The Vanguard sounds great but I can't get past the unconventional shape. I picked-up the FW 2013 quiver brochure at my local shop and saw the new FW/Tomo V4. This looks like the ticket for me. When will it be available?

I'd love to hear about it too Chris. I have the 5'6" VG however I'd love a V4 as a step-up for larger waves.

Any updates would be great in sizing, ETA, etc.

Comment

Is the v4 a step-up?

Comment

Originally posted by fokaiHI View Post
        Is the v4 a step-up?
        I know someone with a V4 rounded-nose and he mentioned it surfs a lot better in waves with a little push or a steeper wall, and goes exceptionally well in larger and more powerful surf.

Assuming the Firewire V4 will be similar to this one, it has more rocker, slightly more curve/pull-in in the tail, and lower rails than the Vanguard. All things that lend to steeper more powerful waves. The V4 will probably surf similar to a high performance shortboard with the extra flow and speed Tomo always incorporates.

Comment

I have a V4 - round nose. Definitely a step-good good wave board. No push - no go. But it all depends what he does with the rocker and volume. I've heard he makes v4 grovel boards. Honestly, in the tomo's i've ridden, they're made for good waves.

Comment

The brochure shows sizing from 5'6" (18" width, 2" thick, 22.6 volume) to 6'6" (20.5" width, 2.75" thick, 40.7 volume) in 2" increments of length.

Comment

What are the dims of the boards around 29-30L ? :)

Comment

6,0 x 19" x 2.38" - 30,4l, Bonzer.
                Last edited by Phill; 03-09-2013, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Thanks mate :) Peeeerfect dims

Comment

When will we see these boards in the shops?

Comment

Does anybody have a link to an online flyer or a page that shows the dims for the V4? I'd like to check it out.

Comment

• Phill
                        Phill commented
                        Editing a comment
                        506 x 18.00" x 2.00" 22.6l
                        508 x 18.25" x 2.12" 24.9
                        510 x 18.75" x 2.25" 27.7l
                        600 x 19.00" x 2.38" 30.4l
                        602 x 19.50" x 2.50" 33.6l
                        604 x 20.00" x 2.62" 37.0l
                        606 x 20.50" x 2.75" 40.7l

Perfect! Thanks.

Comment

yeah this one is a few weeks away in the states. you can call your local dealer and inquire a bit about when they are getting theirs. Cheers

Comment

Any availability on v4 in fst on the Gold Coast ?

Comment

I was surfing in Solana Beach last Friday afternoon on my Vanguard. We had a decent swell here with just a couple guys out. There were 2 guys that were tearing it up and I saw that they were on Firewires. I thought it must of have been a Lost model because this 1 board had the black pin line around the outside. I couldn't tell which model though, and follow this stuff closely. So I paddled up and asked, "hey, what model is that?". "V4", he answered (with an Australian accent). We talked a little bit about the shape and design and how he liked it. He asked about my Vanguard. "I love it", I told him. "Yeah, were getting really good responses from that one", he said. So I start putting it together in my head and ask, "Wait, are the shaper?". Yes, of course it was Daniel Thomson. He said the V4 should be hitting stores in California around now. Nice guy. Good to talk to. Ripped the bags out of the mediocre surf that was going on.

Comment

• Phill
                              Phill commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Nice csarqui! I think Daniel likes being anonymous and hearing how people are liking his boards. I've seen him mention it in a couple of interviews.
                              The V4 interests me, I'd like to see the rocker on one. If it was more than the Vanguard, especially in the tail I might have to try one in good waves.
                          Working...
                          X