Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jeejejeje yeah those re winter approved!!!!. The flashbomb linning creates an extra layer of air keeping you warmer...dry faster???...not necessarily but warm they are indeed

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=9luCkviQ1gM

A little quick edit from today
      0:57 check how the nose starts to pearl but comes right out...rocker+concave+channels
      Last edited by iggy; 04-05-2013, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iggy View Post
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=9luCkviQ1gM

A little quick edit from today
        0:57 check how the nose starts to pearl but comes right out...rocker+concave+channels
        Nice video Iggy ..I get the idea of the concaves etc stopping the perling but.....it has to slow momentum when you dig the nose like that. I sometimes catch a front rail on my regular boards and you nearly go over the handle bars....that board looks like its far more susceptible to that?

Comment

so far every single time I've tried to dig it, it comes right out, believe me I've been doing it on purpose. It is sort of weird because the little channels on the nose combined with the single concave and rocker pushes the board out. I guess the way I see it is like having a board a few inches longer that I'm putting on rail. The nose is pretty thin so it cuts right through.

Comment

good stuff iggy..... another reason it doesnt pearl like we would expect could be that its not actually nose diving (as we know it).. every board we have ever ridden pearls with BOTH rails going under...the vanguard's outside rail is well clear of the water... so its not really nose diving at all...footage of curren top turning hard at rincon shows the nose "popping" multiple times in one single "off the top" but its not the "nose", just the top section of the inside rail which is in the VG's case, is angled back to the centre-line.. its not a nose as we know it...

on a related topic.....WHERE'S MY VANGUARD, WHERE'S MY VANGUARD, WHERE'S MY VANGUARD, WHERE'S MY VANGUARD, ...!!.. ha ha
            Last edited by core personal training; 04-06-2013, 04:20 PM. Reason: kant spel goode

Comment

Iggy now your really killing me....... I want my Vanguard NOW! Lol. That board seems totally loose and easy to pivot and how do you balance yourself holding the camera and NO wipeouts? Are you Kelly Slater? Hey can you imaging Kelly on one of these? Tuesday's THE day I get married to mine....... can't wait. In the meantime have been missing out on 5 straight days of the first spring southern swell with a big northwest wrap combo due to the flu!

Comment

i just got the flu yesterday. paddled out to Makaha, 2nd wave and i was done. super lame.

Comment

Originally posted by PokerSurfer View Post
                  Iggy now your really killing me....... I want my Vanguard NOW! Lol. That board seems totally loose and easy to pivot and how do you balance yourself holding the camera and NO wipeouts? Are you Kelly Slater? Hey can you imaging Kelly on one of these? Tuesday's THE day I get married to mine....... can't wait. In the meantime have been missing out on 5 straight days of the first spring southern swell with a big northwest wrap combo due to the flu!
                  Poker you'll see how trippy this board is. 2 words for it: quick,fast ;)
                  Dingged the nose today probably with a small piece of ice or something, nothing serious but still, out of the water until next week... I'm gonna miss her.
                  It will be fun to see what someone like Kelly would do on one f these babies, Ii remember him scratching this theory a couple of years back

Comment

Hey Core long time no see I am getting my Vanguard 6'2" next week just ordered it on Friday should be interesting walking down the beach with it, I get pulled up enough with my new 5'9" White Rapidfire BP, how come yours is taking so long to get.
                    Iggy are you riding yours as a quad and what fins are you using?

Comment

Iggy, great video. That water looks soooo cold. Is that a river or a surf break? Looks like an endless wave.

Great stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by nn66 View Post
                        Hey Core long time no see I am getting my Vanguard 6'2" next week just ordered it on Friday should be interesting walking down the beach with it, I get pulled up enough with my new 5'9" White Rapidfire BP, how come yours is taking so long to get.
                        hey mate... surfing up north everyday now...lots of petrol, but clean beach...and often solo..!!.. no 5'6s ANYWHERE..the crew can usually source boards for me but not this time.!! major rush on them... bummer... thinking of nicking Nev's..!!. 6'2..!! thats a mal mate..!!.. have to catch up for a surf...
                        Last edited by core personal training; 04-06-2013, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nn66 View Post
                          Iggy are you riding yours as a quad and what fins are you using?
                          Naaa,have a set of Jordy's thruster L on it and they are pretty playfull

Comment

Originally posted by hwork50 View Post
                            Iggy, great video. That water looks soooo cold. Is that a river or a surf break? Looks like an endless wave.

Great stuff!
                            Yeah that's our humble river wave here. This morning I was surfing at -5C... Too much to ask for spring... Spring my culo!!! Jejejeej. Soon all the rubber will be gone!

Comment

Core you must be going to the place that starts with P have dropped in there a few times when I am up that way for work always good, the 6'2" yep pretty big however it's got to float 103kgs the 6'0" won't float me. Can wait to get the Vanguard as bought a CC however it's too normal for my liking so I am letting it go currently on evil bay.

Comment

Jajajaj evilbay!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X