X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nn66 View Post
    Core you must be going to the place that starts with P have dropped in there a few times when I am up that way for work always good, the 6'2" yep pretty big however it's got to float 103kgs the 6'0" won't float me. Can wait to get the Vanguard as bought a CC however it's too normal for my liking so I am letting it go currently on evil bay.
    pass p and keep going...NO MORE CLUES ON PUBLIC THREAD...!!!

remember, i was 98 kg 28lts/vol.. BUT i couldn't take off on messy broken waves like you...!! remember that filthy dirty day at av pt... i was getting swamped on take off.... you were flying around everywhere...SHREDDING...

Comment

Yes i went there last week similar to that other place. Yes you do ride low volume boards I just like the easy paddle with lots of volume, the 6'2" Vanguard should be interesting hopefully not too much volume at least it the same as my BP.

Comment

fokai as you may already know this wicked flu is going around! Pretty hardcore too enough for me to go to the doctors, miss work and more importantly miss pretty much 6 straight days of swell!

Comment

yea, this flu fricken sucked. fri- 2 waves, no surf sat/sun. it was a nice swell up north, out west, and south. i dont think my wife and kids want me home anymore. lol. gotta lot of work done. might go shopping for a board today before the waves come up around noon. i'll see if we got any TGBPs yet if not Hawaiian South Shore has the PU and XTR tomos

Comment

poker some folks here too have been knocked into the hospital with the flu here too.

Comment

had it for a week.. really bad.. then my 16mo old got it which was scary. poor lil guy

Comment

yeah get better! supposedly its a strain of the swine flu and that's why its has been so strong and long lasting for some?

Comment

2 week sinus infection/flu & i thought i was goina die(kinda wanted to be dead instead of being in pain)
                  good luck to anyone that gets it.
                  if you get the splitting migraine headache for days on end God be with you.
                  vicadin and percs were no match for this beast!

Comment

Hey Poker...Here's a "low-volume" story you'll appreciate. When FW's first came onto the surf scene (2006 - 2007?), there were only 3 models offered at the time. I bought a 5-9 Flex-fire (hi-performance model) from San Diego Surf & Sea, and had it shipped to Honolulu. The volume was somewhere at 22.7 cl's. But in my cloudy judgement, I either rationalized I'd be able to surf it or sell it. It was a beauty - mustard colored deck with baby blue bottom, balsa wood stringer and the old FW lams (the original FW boards had a certain organic charm to it that made each board unique).

Needless to say with a new board under my arm and a ton of confidence (& pride) I paddled out to my home break on 3-5 foot South Shore day...Light off-shore to glassy and pumping! So good that day that a few local pro's were out - Johnny Boy Gomes, Tony Moniz and couple of others. Paddling out, the 5-9 appeared to float me fine, but when I attempted to catch smaller inside waves the cruel reality set in - "Holy crap! I'm paddling like a mad man just to catch 2-footers!" I then rationalized that if the wave was bigger it would be easier to catch one on my sleek new FW! I was going to find out how wrong I was.

Eventually, I worked my way to the main, outside peak and was at the "front of the line" for the next good set. JBG, paddled out to where I was sitting but, (respectfully) sat wide of me to give me choice of the next wave. I saw an outside wave coming and JBG boomed, "GO! DO SOMETHING!" I started paddling furiously toward shore and could feel myself making little progress down the wave face, and I knew that regardless of whether I was going over the falls I WAS GOING to catch this wave! Well, I got what I wished for - I ended being launched into the flats on what seemed to be about a 12-foot half-pipe and got rag-dolled all the way to the inside. At that moment of defeat I vowed that I'd leave the "low volume" boards to the pro's and stick to boards with the proper volume.

All was not lost that day...I paddled back out to the main peak (after JBG went in), and caught another outside set wave, did a good bottom turn and top snap, only to be dropped in by Tony Moniz on the best part of the barrelling inside section. Oh well.
                    Last edited by Myles808; 04-10-2013, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Good stuff!!

Comment

hah. thats funny Myles. Johnny Boy is a psycho. known the guy since i was a kid. he can get intense. as for Tony Moniz dropping in, u know the rules. if u blow a set wave, u lost ur ticket for the day. lol

Comment

Myles I was right there with you in 2007....... bought the SAME colored Flexfire but the 6'0" version but the beauty of it that it came with a genuine FireWire well stiched silver boardbag AND honeycomb PG5's in either yellow or baby blue! All for a whopping $730 which then was absurd but at least you get value with it! I would never forget two off the lips I had that quickly rebounded me off of that SOLD me on the FireWire technology.

FWIW since we're on the subject of past Hawaiian icons, Bird Mahelona was at my homebreak today....... a FIRST for me.

Comment

Originally posted by fokaiHI View Post
                            as for Tony Moniz dropping in, u know the rules. if u blow a set wave, u lost ur ticket for the day. lol
                            And that is the truth at any 'Premium' break. Unless you're JBG!
                            Pretty happy my local doesn't qualify, but its still a 3 set sin bin! lol

Comment

I still have my firewire bag..starting to tear though

Comment

Jajajamwe have all been there!!. My case I got the 6'2" which I recently sold... But the boardbag is still miiiiine!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X