Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow PS! I didn't realize going back in the "time mind machine" would dredge up some many fond memories of original FW's. Totally forgot about the "goodies" like the board bag and fins that came with the board. Still have the FW board bag (which is now used to protect of couple of collectible boards), and also the hexcore FCS fins with the FW logo! I've kept (1) original FW logo'd 6-0 Alternator with swallow tail - it's "cherry" and destined to become a wall-hanger (or help pay for my daughter's college tuition - hah!) REALLY GOOD STUFF!

Comment

Originally posted by fokaiHI View Post
      hah. thats funny Myles. Johnny Boy is a psycho. known the guy since i was a kid. he can get intense. as for Tony Moniz dropping in, u know the rules. if u blow a set wave, u lost ur ticket for the day. lol
      You're right Fokai! I went that day from riding the "big roller coaster to the little merry-go-round." Some days you're ON FIRE...Just so happened that day I "had the motivation but lacked the execution." I'd blame the equipment - but that's too easy. I went from "home team" to "visitor" that day and was relegated to sit on the inside as a spectator. JBG has mellowed alot since his crazy wild days...Seems like our surf paths cross often. Like other Hawaii surfers, we all have "classic" (sometimes nervous) JBG stories!

Comment

Originally posted by Myles808 View Post
        Wow PS! I didn't realize going back in the "time mind machine" would dredge up some many fond memories of original FW's. Totally forgot about the "goodies" like the board bag and fins that came with the board. Still have the FW board bag (which is now used to protect of couple of collectible boards), and also the hexcore FCS fins with the FW logo! I've kept (1) original FW logo'd 6-0 Alternator with swallow tail - it's "cherry" and destined to become a wall-hanger (or help pay for my daughter's college tuition - hah!) REALLY GOOD STUFF!
        Good memories Myles! I still have the FW baord bag that came with my first FW 5'10" Futura. God I loved that board! It had a robin egg blue deck and a yellow bottom....super retro looking. The oringinal FW logo and pinstriping between the deck and balsa rails was classic. As beautiful as the board was it surfed even better.

Comment

Originally posted by meekthefreak View Post
          Good memories Myles! I still have the FW baord bag that came with my first FW 5'10" Futura. God I loved that board! It had a robin egg blue deck and a yellow bottom....super retro looking. The oringinal FW logo and pinstriping between the deck and balsa rails was classic. As beautiful as the board was it surfed even better.
          Yes Meek, they were unique. (Un-intentional rhyme)

Comment

Despite the caca wave today, still a friend of mine and good photographer went out on the snow... Yup snow in the middle of April... To get some shots.
            Believe me it looks better than it really was
            Attachment
            Attachment
            Attachment
            Attachment
            Attachment
            Attached Files
            Last edited by iggy; 04-14-2013, 10:37 AM.

Comment

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

patented core sticker ding repair..??

Comment

no it looks terrible...ha.. give you credit though..needs to b pretty good to get me out in the cold water now a days

Comment

yea. i think ur friend is crazier than u iggy. that looks cold, but what do i know, i only have one pair of jeans and one pair of shoes w no socks

Comment

Got my new 6'2" finally have some waves today, will give it a run with Jordy large fins.Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nn66 View Post
                      Got my new 6'2" finally have some waves today, will give it a run with Jordy large fins.
                      way to tease me NN ..another two weeks for the 5'6 .. i should down come with ya...

Comment

Hey Core Av no good doing next beach south good bank in front of lake 2-3ft. Will be there in 20.

Comment

Originally posted by fokaiHI View Post
                          yea. i think ur friend is crazier than u iggy. that looks cold, but what do i know, i only have one pair of jeans and one pair of shoes w no socks
                          Jajajaja living la vida loca!!!!'.crazy snowstorm today out of nowhere, 15cms on the ground. At least the 6/4 was justifyable today... But shorts and sandals come on right after I finish the sesh,rinse and jump in the car ;)

Comment

Originally posted by nn66 View Post
                            Got my new 6'2" finally have some waves today, will give it a run with Jordy large fins.Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment
                            Isn't she sexy????. Just be carefull with those square ends ( nose and tail) cause those could ding easier
                            Let me know how did it go with those Jordy
                            Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful looking board. Really sits well with the decor.

Comment

I thought I would get a bit of flack about the room its my daughters, had a surf with Core and he said there would be some comments, anyway very happy with the board thought it wasn't that loose at first however after 5 waves it was ripping nice and fast, easy to catch waves, and nice and loose with great drive. The Jordy fins were a good tip and they went perfectly for a thruster set up the board will be interesting as a quad. great transition from my BP to this board I think I finally have my 2 board quiver. Just get ready if you get one for lots of questions in a good way.

Comment

Working...
                                X