X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn: Chris or Mark (Team Firewire)

Can you guys give me an estimate on the timeframe for the next batch of Vanguards coming to Oahu? Some shops are telling me 12 weeks while others are telling me 2 weeks.

I might just pull the trigger and pay the hefty shippping charge for the ones in the mainland but at least there is no online tax.

Thanks -- PS

I ordered one about six weeks ago and was told it probably wouldn't get here until AUGUST!

One of the few down sides to living in the land of the long white cloud...

Comment

Thanks surf for your update. IF I were you I would go with Rip Curl Ala Moana because as of 2 weeks ago they told me there was a 12 week timeframe @ $699 (CHEAPEST local FireWire distributor from my experince) plus tax which should make it mid June. I just "bit the bullet" and ordered one online cause I don't want to miss any summer swells <g>.

I am TOTALLY suprised Chris never jumped in here by now (usually he's pretty reliable and professional). I do see Mark replying on the Surfer Mag message board and Chuy has been great via email through time for me.

Rip Curl Ala Moana back in February:Attachment
      Attached Files

Comment

Chris gets on the forum when he can, but the primary purpose of the forum is for the general public to discuss boards, fins, sizing etc and questions for the crew always get answered in time. If it's a more urgent request then email contact isn't a bad idea.

Comment

Thanks prjwebb....... actually emailed their PR department almost a week ago (maybe on vacation with the holidays/Bells contest?). Figured this is a fantastic opportunity to enlighten their customers of interest.
          Last edited by PokerSurfer; 03-31-2013, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Yeah I'd imagine everybody would have a break over Easter. I think Mark is or was over at J Bay.

Comment

i know its a FW forum, but there r some poly's at Hawaiian South Shore. they also have the Hydromanica XTR's by Tomo as well. Kinda pricey compared to 699 tho. the Tomo poly's pack a lotta vol, but the Hydros r super clean w smaller sizes.

Comment

GREAT point fokai....... I think it's safe to say that "Tomo" oriented surfboards fit this niche hence the marriage of FireWire IMHO. I also agree with you as far as the OVERALL floatation, paddling aspect and wave catching ability to these next generation sleds are just as comparable to the modern day high performance poly boards from my experience but with one important element not equal....... SPEED!
                Last edited by PokerSurfer; 03-31-2013, 06:05 PM.

Comment

I take that back guys their local rep (buyer/supplier) emailed me earlier this week (just opened email and must've missed it)....... again testiment that FireWire's PR is as always "spot on"!
                  Last edited by PokerSurfer; 03-31-2013, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Tropical Blends has a 6' and a 5'10" in stock right now.

Comment

Thanks ching for that head's up! I called ALL the FireWire distributors on Oahu <g> and NO ONE has a 5'2 or 4" for me in stock (missed the boat back in February).

Comment

I understand they have another order coming in late april/early may. They just (on the weekend) offered me the size I wanted (the guy who originally ordered cancelled). Maybe call again and see if they have a similar cancellation in a size you want?

Comment

Appreciate the head's up ching....... I finally opted to order one online (NO tax) via the mainland and after shipping (7 day) it came out cheaper than most places here locally with added tax. I do have a "back-up" plan now from a source locally too. I'd rather pay an extra few dollars to ride it NOW rather than waiting 12 weeks just to save money and miss the summer swells <g>. I am also "toying" with an idea to order another custom direct from Tomo for my "dream" dims in the near future which ironically is SOONER than the 12 week FireWire waiting period so it's a "no brainer" but obviously with shipping a tad more than most local shop's retail pricing.

Comment

Where there is a will there is a way!!!! ;)

Comment

Working...
                            X