Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah definitely is! I don't really know what advice to give, but kind of just relax and draw your lines out a bit and use the speed the board carries and then figure out the release etc once you get the feel of how it reacts to different inputs.

Comment

Had my 3rd surf yesterday. Didn't get one wave! It was pretty horrid conditions. My beach gets a bit dangerous when the rips are running like crazy, it was only around 5' maybe the odd bigger one but I picked a spot where a few medium waves were coming through that looked OK - only problem it was impossible to stay there. The sets would come and wash you into the rip and that was it, way up north I went! And into some pretty nasty looking ledging beach slabs too. I hoped I might jag one on the way through the break but moving just too quick, you'd get one chance and if the wave was no good (a lot of closeouts) you were then headed for trouble so I had to let myself get smashed to shore rather than get swept out to sea in the rip. I was the only one out but my attempts encouraged a couple of others out too, so I tried again walked a kilometre back down south and gave it another go, for an exact replay. This board inspires enthusiasm, I'll say that much!

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys. Will hang on to it a bit more. can't wait to try it out in good waves in France this summer:-)

Comment

OMG

unbelievable...!!!
          Attachment

will get my mind around what this board just did (just home still dripping wet) and write froth later, but, faaaaaarrrrr out..!!.. night surf by moonlight in boardies and vest, dead calm slightly overhead draining ledge 1km out to sea solo..dun dun dun dun..(had it at lunchtime almost the same solo on the MB).. front footed first wave a bit.. second wave dropped under lip onto ledge back toes on rail pushing inside diamond into face and off it went...the stuff it did off the lip over the reef with ease was insane....i was just along for the ride..!!...i think thats key here...dont start pushing and grinding.. push the diamonds in and let it take over...

will suss if we have a review page yet and if not start one and we can post reviews etc there... but in summary, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
          Attached Files

Comment

OMG

unbelievable...!!!
            Attachment

will get my mind around what this board just did (just home still dripping wet) and write froth later, but, faaaaaarrrrr out..!!.. night surf by moonlight in boardies and vest, dead calm slightly overhead draining ledge 1km out to sea solo..dun dun dun dun..(had it at lunchtime almost the same solo on the MB).. front footed first wave a bit.. second wave dropped under lip onto ledge back toes on rail pushing inside diamond into face and off it went...the stuff it did off the lip over the reef with ease was insane....i was just along for the ride..!!...i think thats key here...dont start pushing and grinding.. push the diamonds in and let it take over...

will suss if we have a review page yet and if not start one and we can post reviews etc there... but in summary, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
            Attached Files

Comment

Sizing felt good? Nice to hear it only took 2 waves to click. Took me more like 20+!

Comment

sizings fine... was in A-grade waves, alone and concentrating (although hard to judge in dark) and had been on it earlier with the MB so was in form for a change...if i was in open messy beachies breaking on my head i might of needed a bit longer....you really have to power up the tail don't you..!!

Comment

Yeah but it's so fast you can just draw smooth lines between maneuverers and rarely have to drive with the front foot. Fun fun!
                  Surfing in the dark, alone over reef in Aus doesn't sound like my idea of a good time though!

Comment

Great.....got my 506 Vanguard ordered and should be here in the next week

Comment

• Originally posted by core personal training View Post
                      OMG

unbelievable...!!!
                      Attachment

Yeeeewwwwww told ya you'll trip on this board!!!!!. Note appart, not affraid of the bigvfish at night?
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Had a good one today on the Vanguard... After seeing Core's face on the pic I had to go out again (my pregnant girlfriend is complaining already... Stopped working on Saturday and I have been surfing every single day since... And the house is not painted yet... And the baby s due in June... Dilemmas dilemmas dilemmas)

Comment

• Originally posted by iggy View Post
                          Yeeeewwwwww told ya you'll trip on this board!!!!!. Note appart, not affraid of the bigvfish at night?
                          3 guys in canoes trawling live bait by torchlight out the back on the drop off...they then paddled back across the pitch black bay side by side with me STILL trawling..!! now ya know why i have the eye on the boards..!!

you wont get the house painted sleeping in that hammock all day iggy..!!

Comment

• What did I say?
                            Originally posted by Slowman View Post
                            ...This board inspires enthusiasm, I'll say that much!
                            This what enthusiasm looks like...

Originally posted by core personal training View Post
                            OMG

unbelievable...!!!
                            Attachment
                            yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
                            and this what enthusiasm does...
                            Originally posted by core personal training View Post
                            3 guys in canoes trawling live bait by torchlight out the back on the drop off...they then paddled back across the pitch black bay side by side with me STILL trawling..!! now ya know why i have the eye on the boards..!!
                            Had my 4th surf today and got a few waves before work this morning, it whips round into a cutback very nicely, just wished I had more time.

We should all get together and have a Vanguard clambake !
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Jejeejej

Comment

• [QUOTE=

We should all get together and have a Vanguard clambake ![/QUOTE]

now i cant get that rubbish Elvis movie out of my mind... good one slowman..!!

got same spot waist to chest high beaut clear glassy today... for 20 mins then it turned off abruptly as it is known to do... less push in it so had to shuffle feet around to learn how to tic tac, pump etc and ride out of foam with no speed...work in progress.. i was a bit ungainly in that situation..actually would of been better on a smaller lower volume vg for jumping up and down...there is a lot of resistance in all that wetted area...at times when trying to get going with foam under nose it was hard to get it down and go... 2 head high screamers...sucky bowly glassy and it loved high speed cuttys with full power from lip line right thru...no let up required... no nose catch coming thru the shallow bottom turn to rebound.. this shape works..!!.. i'm by no means in charge of it on the wave..in fact i'm going so quickly that my reactions are slow and i'm initiating turns further down the line/later than where i'm aiming for...weird but mind blowingly fun.. i'm sailing past the point of the lip i'm aiming at... going into turns with my head looking backwards still with eyes locked on my "intended" target..!!.. remember, this is on waves that are breaking 10 out of ten, in calm conditions that need to be on postcards... want to get it in junky/chancey beachies to see if i can harness that speed....

froth over...... for now

Comment

Working...
                                X