Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand Spankin' New 5'4

Attachment [[/ATTACH]Attachment

Check out this surf report (Hawaiian scale) for the SOUTH shore ALL week (are you kidding me....... THIS has got to be a dream): http://www.surfnewsnetwork.com/

Will give session report ASAP with the K2.1 fins (original blue & whites) as well as H3 Nexus quad rears. My next purchase IF this fails me will be the matching H3 Nexus in large but thinking FOR ME with this larger Vanguard template that the smaller fins may be just right.

Board feels well balanced, SUPER light AND the craftsmanship is superb. It has characteristics as my custom Tomos from the past like deep contours etc....... CAN'T WAIT and I can't sleep!

PS:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PokerSurfer; 04-28-2013, 09:20 PM.

That looks sick. I love the rails did it come like that or is there some custom magic. What are your specks height weight ect as I am interested in a 504.

Comment

pmorgan just a little taping and aerosal paint, thanks! I am 5'7" and weigh 152ish (+/- 2 lbs). Dan said I could go either with the 5'2 OR 5'4 but felt the 5'2 was not enough bouyancy overall for me when I had a custom version. I'm thinking this IS it! Next year I MAY custom a 5'3 17.5 2.25 for sure.

PS

Comment

Did it come with the yellow rail or was that a personal touch?

Comment

Poker's trademark paint jobs!

Comment

Nice job......

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
              Poker's trademark paint jobs!
              Looks pretty neat!! Is giving me ideas jejeje

Comment

I'm not going to paint mine because i'll probably downsize at some point and it's easier to sell without one of my paint jobs!

Comment

LOL prjwebb and thanks custom and iggy! Just HATE plain white boards with a passion....... blame it on the 80's as well as Curren's infamous rail band! Pretty much had that idea in my head the moment I saw the FireWire version (logo placement and color schemes play a part in designing an idea), don't know why for example Apple doesn't make various colors of their Iphone just as they did with their Ipods. FireWire's previous computer deck graphics TO ME were so hideous. I had three deckpads that I just got for my birthday and that initiated my "Picasso canvas" of coloring ideas besides ALWAYS loved the flourescent colors <g>. Iggy another idea is to blend colors transitioning from one another. You can even clearcoat them for longevity.

Tried to post more pics but guess I used up my quota!

Man I'm SO tired, had a fricken large Dr. Pepper (caffeine and excitement spells NO sleep).......off to a half day at work then to my nephew's birthday party at my homebreak beach!

PS

Last edited by PokerSurfer; 05-06-2013, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Looks good! Your stringer paint job on your old Tomo handshape was my favourite. That looked insane!

Comment

@poker... did DH today @2'+ and rising. got a big lunch, but heading back out around 4pm

Comment

Really appreciate the kind remarks prjwebb....... please don't remind me of the board I should've kept <g>. fokai south swell coming in bro!

Lackluster waves OVERALL....... slow, small with mild onshore seabreezes: Board paddled like a dream, probably one of the best movers in a LONG time for me. Caught waves just as any other board if not BETTER. K2.1 fins felt squirrelly overall but had potential but thinking my theory of a longer wider based fin works the best with these boards. Hate to say board was just TOO bouyant for my weight (lost 4 lbs being sick didn't help either) but for someone heavier would be just awesome because this board just takes off like a rocket and goes vertical at will.

Selling it to a friend of mine and replacing it with my ONLY other alternative NOW other than waiting till 2014 (are you kidding me OR a 3 month custom order from Dan himself perhaps)....... the 5'2 version (good deal/tradeoff not too bad on my end besides just won some money in poker tonight <g>) but she will be in Futures in which I have some faithful Al Merricks to compliment her with....... surf session report ASAP!

PS
                        Last edited by PokerSurfer; 04-28-2013, 04:32 AM.

Comment

prjwebb your not going to believe this but INSTEAD of purchasing the 5'2 FireWire Vanguard I finally got a hold of my previous 5'2 Tomo Vanguard 17.5 2.25 (24.3 cl) poly buyer (the airbrushed stringer) and he is willing to sell it back to me in the SAME condition after 8 long months (used ONLY 4 sessions in which I only used it for 5)! Attachment Attachment

Stoked -- PS
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by PokerSurfer; 04-29-2013, 01:05 AM.

Comment

sic... my VG has to see a fin doc soon. i think i gotta replace the left front outside box. i had to fight the urge to go to Hawaiian South Shore to pick up the poly today, but i probably will get it tomorrow w these swells hitting town this week. i called Jim at Tropical Blends and he said that they're spose to b getting boards, but doesnt know when.

@Chris... i understand that the local shops will call Will and see if the board is on island and he'll pick it up, but why isnt there a stock? I like dealing w 2 or 3 shops that carry FW, but it seems that everything is for people 5'6 and 145lbs. for a buyer like myself, i just grab and go. im not to particular about where i buy, but if theres no stock then i cant support FW or the shops u deal with at times.

Comment

Originally posted by PokerSurfer View Post
                              prjwebb your not going to believe this but INSTEAD of purchasing the 5'2 FireWire Vanguard I finally got a hold of my previous 5'2 Tomo Vanguard 17.5 2.25 (24.3 cl) poly buyer (the airbrushed stringer) and he is willing to sell it back to me in the SAME condition after 8 long months! Attachment Attachment

Stoked -- PS
                              That's epic!

Fokai, Chris told me a month or so ago that the Vanguard has been selling like crazy and they are back ordered by 300 units or something.
                              I expect they are getting back on top of that now but might give you some idea of why stock is low.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X