Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So....order my 5'6 but not sure if is too much ..

Hi there,
    i have been waiting for ages to be able to put my hands on this design and finally it comes to Spain!
    Now Imam struggling to decide if I should go for the 5'6 or the 5'4..
    I am 5'7 and 70kg(154 lb) ,average surfer but fit.My everyday board is a clayton trickster 5'10 19 2 3/8
    So...any help there?
    Thanks a lot!

I'd say 5'4 but depends what volume you are comfortable with.

Comment

Surfnomada I am about the same bio as you and honestly felt the 5'4 was way too bouyant (please read topic "Brand NEW spankin' 5'4).... .. 5'6 out of the question! 5'2 is just too thin so "stuck in the middle" and seeing what FireWire's NEW odd dims will look like OR going to order a custom from Dan himself soon.

PS
      Last edited by PokerSurfer; 05-04-2013, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PokerSurfer View Post
        Surfnomada I am about the same bio as you and honestly felt the 5'4 was way too bouyant (please read topic "Brand NEW spankin' 5'4).... .. 5'6 out of the question! 5'2 is just too thin so "stuck in the middle" and seeing what FireWire's NEW odd dims will look like OR going to order a custom from Dan himself soon.

PS
        I am in the same boat as you mate. I would say your 510 is about 27.5 ltrs or a tutch less going by my 508 sub scorcher vol 27.3. I would love to see how the 504 Vg was in the water compaired to the sub and a 506 vg. I live in the most northern part of scotland and have ware a 5mm hooded boots gloves most of the year. I would hate to have a great board on the wave but be struggling to paddle it out to the surf or even to get onto the waves.
        there is also the fitigue factor of paddeling on the cold water with all that rubber. Might not be an issue in Spain tho.
        I would love a custom say 504 with 27 ltrs on the dot.

Comment

thanks a lot guys!
          well it just freaks me out the 18" width..I am going to try to ride my friends 56 and decide..

Comment

It's the jump in volume between the sizes that gets me there is 3 ltrs between the 506 and the 504 which is a lot.
            A 1/4 inch of with on a board with this plane shape is not not so bad.
            The 504 is only .1 one of a litre off my low end of 26 litres and I am sure it would be fine. I am just needing to try one before committing. I went through 3 potatonator,s before getting it right. You are lucky to have a friends 506 to try.

Comment

Working...
            X