Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I got to chat to the Firewire guys and Tomo. Lot's of exciting stuff! They told me Vanguard FST is coming for the Holiday season November/December. They also had one Timber Tek Vanguard for the best of show display. See picture, but for that I got " that's further out" so I would guess mid 2014. More Tomo Models coming as well in 2014.

Comment

• RussW
      RussW commented
      Editing a comment
      Any comment from Firewire on a Timer Tek Vanguard in production soon?

I like it. TT just makes stuff look cool.

Comment

Good news!!!!!

Comment

Good news. Now we just need the CBD custom option to dial in the sizes!

Comment

Originally posted by Phill View Post
          Good news. Now we just need the CBD custom option to dial in the sizes!
          What size you think could be ideal for 180 pounds Phill?

Comment

• walkingdisaster
            walkingdisaster commented
            Editing a comment
            Mate, I'm 185 pound and using a 5'6 comfortably. Depending on age/fitness/skill level/wave quality you may want to go one size either way. I'm 28, average fitness, intermediate at best, riding decentish waves if that helps at all.

Thanks mate...5.6 sounds good..or 5.5 anyone try both?

Comment

• Phill
            Phill commented
            Editing a comment
            Have a feel of both. 5'5 could be a great choice as long as the rails don't get a bit thick for you. I haven't seen one in the flesh yet.

That's exciting! I wish there were more pics.

Comment

Hey custom, I'm 175lbs and went from the 5'4 to the 5'5. At the first the 5'5 felt like a beast because of the massive volume jump but it's just part of me now. Meaning, I'm not aware of the size under my feet, the board just responds to what I want to do on a wave. If I could have it my way, I'd have the exact same dims as the 5'5 at 1/16inch thinner.

I'm a real restless surfboard owner because I get bored really easy and I love trying new stuff. But this one has stuck with me and I can't imagine not having it. I just hope it doesn't break until the FST is available :)

Comment

• Matt_s
              Matt_s commented
              Editing a comment
              Csarqui, I'm 160-165 lbs and 5'9 what do you recon for that weight range as you've had the 5'4was it way to small or would it suit someone just a little lighter than you? Iv tried a 5'6 and I was surprised how bulky it felt. Seems like a big jump in vol though.
              Also consisdering the v4. But again nothing in the 27 ltr range I think I want yet.

Thanks guys your information are always very useful.I think 5.5 could be better for my height(5.8) and also thinner than 5.6.

Comment

Matt_s, if your skills are strong-intermediate and up then I think the 5'4 is good for your size. I know it sounds ridiculously small but the design tends to defy everything that we think we know about surfboard shapes. I was able to catch waves really easily on the 5'4 and I think I've done some of the best turns that I've ever done in my life on it. What got to me eventually was the all around paddling in the lineup. I go on a lot if surf trips which means lots of paddling.

I hope the Firewire fills in that 27L range soon. I think that it will please many of their loyal customers. Firewire....hint.....hint..

Comment

thanks, yeh it might do the job then, still think its ashame there is nothing in the 27 ltr range, id jump on it without hesitation, im a little worried about it being tiring to paddle, its just the 5'6 was almost definitely too big regardless.

How about your v4, how do you think it would have compared against the 5'5 VG

cheers

Comment

I purchased the 5'10 V4, same volume as my 5'5 and it just didn't have the Vanguard Magic. I expected it to be like the Vanguard but with a nose. It's not. It rode like a good standard short board to me, which wasn't what I was looking for. The person that I sold it to was about my size. He sent me an email later that day and he was completely stoked on it. It might have worked better for me in the 27 liter range. Some day.

Comment

• Phill
                    Phill commented
                    Editing a comment
                    27l range is the one!

Surprised the vanguard and v4 dont come in the inbetween sizes still, you'd think with he feedback and way they are selling that would be a priority. Cheers for ur feedback helps me dial I'm what I want. Might have to wait for cbd or for a 27ltr board to come out

Comment

Come on Firewire! Hint hint!

Comment

I cancel the order on the V4

Comment

Working...
                      X