X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is the Vanguard going to be available in FST

I know it's being asked before but does Chris or any of the FireWire people have an info for the peasants Cheers

Wandi i heard not for a while. i heard they are having issues duplicating those lines and they are making a killin just using RF haha.

ALOHA!!

Comment

I think TT will happen before FST

Comment

Wuld love to see this one in FST... Or hollow carbon :)

Comment

I've heard FST will be available in mid November. Yay, can't wait to get one.

Comment

• Phill
            Phill commented
            Editing a comment
            Really? That will be cool. Hopefully CBD too. If that true I'm surprised we haven't seen photos of prototypes in testing.

I rode a Vanguard FST at Saturday's Firewire demo in San Clemente. I was very excited to find out. It looked very dialed and slick. It had the standard 'Designed in USA and Australia. Manufactured in Thailand' laminate on the rail. Which to me means these things are in production and not one offs. The Firewire guy didn't know when exactly these will be available, but given these facts I would think mid November sounds realistic.

Comment

• Phill
            Phill commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow badass. Thanks for sharing!

• DMsurfer
            DMsurfer commented
            Editing a comment
            Just got the new issue of Surfer. It has a picture of the Vanguard in FST in the Design Forum so I guess it's available now.

Cool. Hey schwalbster how did it ride ? Have u ridden a vg in rapid fire to compare it with ? Also how'd they make the channels ?

Comment

EPIC!!!!!! hopefully the V4 isn't far behind!!!

Comment

That is awesome!

Comment

I can't say much about how it rode, since they only had it as a 5.5 which is too small for me. Plus the waves were really small, weak and swamped by a very high tide (not a good combo ;)). I took it out anyway and caught a couple tiny ones, but never really got it going.

So 'I rode...' was pretty much an overstatement in my first post, haha. Sorry

I had 5.8 VG rapid fire from a friend for 3 days in decent waves (shoulder to head high Trestles), which convinced me of the concept and made me a believer. I want to get my feet on the 5.7.
                The channels looked good, but I want to compare them side by side with the rapid fire as the nose concaves felt a tiny bit less pronounced on the FST. That could however completely be a skewed impression on my part. The demo guy said they are exactly the same!?

We have the Boardroom show here coming up October 5th and I'm gonna try to talk to Tomo and Firewire about it and get some more insight.
                Here is another pic.

Super stoked on the Vanguard!
                Last edited by schwalbster; 09-24-2013, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Glad to hear you're pumped on the VG!

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

The Vanguard to FST is in development, but there isn't any calendar for its release yet. Unfortunately, that is all the info that is available at this point.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Cool, thx for the follow up Josh. I'd rather have it later and perfectly dialed, than the other way around ;)

Comment

I was in a firewire dealer store today in Byron Bay and the sales guy said they had already received 2 Timber Tek V4's, apparently sold immediately.
                        I questioned if it was another model maybe, but he was certain, seemed to know his stuff, rode FW's himself.

Josh can you confirm and maybe a date when more will be in OZ ?

Comment

• Matt_s
                          Matt_s commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I hope this turns out right! Could be the board iv been waitin for!

coooool, i love the smell of fresh timber

Comment

Working...
                        X