Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V4 size guide

V4 SIZE GUIDE

Put an order on a V4 510 and wanted to create a size guide thread for the V4. First i thougt it will come in 27.7 liters ( feel perfect for me ) 59 75 KG intermediate + level but consulting some people here in the forum i think the board will came in 28.8 liters and curious to see what sizes people are riding this model.
    Template below for the V4 riders :
    What are you riding?

Board size:
    Height:
    Weight:
    Ability:
    Happy with the size?:
    Comments:

Board size: 6'0
    Height: 6'0
    Weight: 90kg
    Ability: intermediate/advanced (I guess)
    Happy with the size?: yes
    Comments:
    just got it and went out in the most horrid conditions 3-5' blizzard onshore but got 2 waves that were closing out and reforming and closing out again! Just wanted to see how it paddled and how it paddled into waves. Probably easier than the VG, the waves were so shit I can't say how it went or turned just got up into a foaming lip in a closeout mush burger and it felt very much in control on a left and similar sort of right. With the pointy nose you can feel the difference in takeoff less chance of catching the corner. That was enough, mission accomplished, first surf done.

Comment

• Karluxi
      Karluxi commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Slowman, I hope you enjoy it !

Board size. 6'6" Height. 6'2" Weight 88kg Ability. Intermediate/advanced most days Happy with size. Perfect for me Comments. The big question is not when the vg comes out in fst. It's when is the v4 coming in fst? Need to keep her in one piece till then. If they had trouble with the skin for the vg, the v4 would be more of a challenge with the reworked arse end. Great board Tomo.

Comment

• Slowman
      Slowman commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah the construction technique needs some changes. You can't use an FST bottom skin but you can still do a rock solid composite complete with an innegra internal layer. There is a local guy here (actually down in Vic) that does composite customs ...actually his boards are works of art, if you know what JD stands for, you know who I'm talking about.

JD. Knew him many moons ago when I lived in Torquay. Nice boards but would need bank manager approval to purchase

Comment

Hi guys,
      So what do you reckon would go along with a Vanguard 56?
      I am 58 and 163 lb.

thanks!

Comment

• Slowman
        Slowman commented
        Editing a comment
        My VG IS 5'8 and my V4 is 6'0. An extra 4" seemed to work well for me so 5'10 for you. They're both 28.8L.

In my case I dropped 0.5L but the V4 still paddles better, goes faster, drops better, in fact does everything better in decent waves...haven't tried in small waves yet. I'm thinking the VG will be for small to medium softer waves and the V4 for everything else.

Surfnomada - Are you looking for a small-medium wave board in the hybrid/ performance hybrid category, or a small wave groveler board in the "Potato" range? In what types of conditions are you looking to take this alternate board out?

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Hi,
        Well, the truth is that I have surfed the VG from small to huge waves and it suits perfectly..so I guess with the V4 I would looking for a board for beach break but ripable waves and hollow stuff.I dont know man..the VG just go so fucking unreal that i cant imagine anything better..

Comment

Adding a V4 to your quiver if you already have a Vanguard might be too similar. If your VG is still in good shape, stick with that board and look for an alternative board - possibly one for smaller days? If your VG is at the end of its life and you want a new board, then go for V4. They will be similar, but with the V4 being able to hold a little more in bigger surf.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Working...
          X