X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v4 vanguard

Really keen to get some input on this board I currently ride a 6'6 quadraflex which I love but would like something for medium waves, fast and different to the quad. Any input appreciated. I also have potatonator dominator, alternator. But my fav is the quadraflex intermediate to advanced fit and 65 k

I'd try and demo one if you want. I'm hooked on the vanguard, they flat out work. I might end up adding a V4 to that sometime too. That said, I don't think everyone clicks with them so it's worth trying one out of you're in the position to.
    They have all the speed you're used to from a quad, but with a thruster setup so you have all that freedom and pivot on the face. Obviously you can run them as a quad too but I can't imagine why anyone feels the need.

Comment

Thanks phil. I am trying to find someone who has them in stock for demo. Not proving too easy. Appreciate your reply

Comment

I have both the VG and the V4 and run them both as quads, they still have all the pivotal capabilities you'd ever want. The V4 needs a slightly more powerful wave than the VG before it starts to work. It has to be chest height at least whereas my VG will grovel in almost knee high if there is a bit of shape to the wave. For barreling or steeper waves the V4 is the better board, it gets into them a little easier. My 6'0 V4 has slightly less volume than my 5'8 VG but is a better paddler.

Comment

Thanks for the info slow man. Can I ask what your dims are. I am trying to work out how big/small to go on the v4. I am used to a 6'6 quadraflex.

Comment

Hoddo, I'm 6' tall and around 90kg.

Comment

thanks Slowman.. I was looking at the 6'2 given that I am only 65 k and 5'11 maybe that is too much board- I am however an old fart at 56 and worry that I will not have the paddle power for a real short number

Comment

Hoddo, I'm an old fart too of 55! I'm not a bad paddler as I came from a swimming background and I'm reasonably fit...but at 65kg I think you probably would not want more than the 5'10. The V4 paddles pretty well because the rocker is pretty flat the nose just has a bit of kick for where you need it. If you can swim 50m in under 40s don't go bigger than 5'10 and if you can do it around the low 30s I'd be looking at the 5'8.

Comment

Working...
                X