X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V4 front foot or bacK foot surfers?

Is the v4 suited to front foot or back foot surfers? I thought the hip in it would mean it would be better for back foot surfers.

Definately back foot. My back foot is the gas pedal on my 510 V4.

Comment

• chubbs
      chubbs commented
      Editing a comment
      I surf really over my front foot, u think I would not find this board easy to use?

I'm a big front footed surfer as well, but I was able to conform to the Vanguard and now it's just instinctual. The V4 is not as extreme as the Vanguard, somewhere in the middle. I think you would do just fine after a couple of sessions.

Comment

Originally posted by csarqui View Post
      ...The V4 is not as extreme as the Vanguard, somewhere in the middle. I think you would do just fine after a couple of sessions.
      I found this too. You can step forward too on the VG for those flatter sections once you have it hardwired in the brain to use the backfoot again when you want to turn hard.

On Saturday I saw a guy at my local beach with an FST V4! I asked him about it and he said Raz had "given" it to him, or he got it from the Aus rep, just what that meant I'm not sure anyway it must be one of the first in Aus.

Comment

FST V4 would seriously consider this as my next board for those bigger days like this last weekend in Sydney. Did they manage to pull off the channels in the tail ok? The step up V4 Thunderbirds the boys are using at Pipe look the business too, although these seem to be the new RF tech with carbon stringers or something, anyway want to see what dims the Thunderbirds come in but FST would be awesome.

Comment

My 5'10 FST V4 should be rocking up any moment now :)

I think the V4 Thunderbirds being used are made with the new LFT (Linear Flex Tech)

Comment

Originally posted by Montygoesbananas View Post
            FST V4 would seriously consider this as my next board for those bigger days like this last weekend in Sydney. Did they manage to pull off the channels in the tail ok? The step up V4 Thunderbirds the boys are using at Pipe look the business too, although these seem to be the new RF tech with carbon stringers or something, anyway want to see what dims the Thunderbirds come in but FST would be awesome.
            Yeah Monty it had the channels and all.

Comment

Working...
            X