Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a look at the Photo of the new range of Tomo Boards using the new Tech & New Advance. Anybody knows when the new Vader and Nano will be available in Australia. Attachment

Comment

That Vader looks amazing!!! Any idea on what the major difference is to the Vangaurd?

I love that Tomo has been able to take "outside the box" to the mainstream!

Comment

Saw the info on the main page about the new Linear Flex Technology (LFT). It's interesting to see FW exploring more of a traditional springer arrangement (i.e. down the center of the board) vs. the parabolic rails of FST and the carbon rods found in RapidFire boards. It does specifically mention that it will be available on the Nano. This is the first time I've seen FW "officially" mention the Nano. I hope this new technology will increase both the performance and the durability of the boards.

Comment

I like the LFT description. Sounds like good stuff. I also like that Firewire is communicating what it's putting out in the market before it gets there. Now, if they would just do that with their surfboard models, that would be refreshing :)

I'm also curious how the Vader compares to the Vanguard?

Comment

• indodreaming
            indodreaming commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah totally agree.

I was lucky enough to stop by the FW warehouse in carlsbad, CA and I got my hands on the new 2014 catalogue. There are A LOT of new boards coming out. I'm going to assume i'm allow to mention these new boards? Firewire stop me if i'm not supposed to say anything.

Comment

spill the beans

Comment

Hey nelson the Nano is coming out with LFT I think either the end of Jan or latest end FebI just got the press release however no info on sizes and volumes, the Vanguard I think is out end Feb or end March in LFT. I wish they would tell us the sizes of the Nano as I need to put and order in for either the Nano or Vanguard as my Vanguard is worn out with out saying too much.

Comment

Mralexchang throw a scanned copy up on the site so we can see.

Comment

In the new issue of surfing life magazine they did a board test of about 25 boards the new FW nano was one of the boards tested got very good reviews from test ridders, it actually got the highest ranking of all boards tested.

Paddling speed 8/10.
                  Speed of the mark 9.5/10
                  Turning grip 9.5/10
                  Control release 9/10.

Dimensions of board was 5,4 x 18 1/4 x2 1/4 didnt give volume.

Tested both as a thruster and quad.

See vid here http://vimeo.com/83678528
                  Last edited by indodreaming; 01-10-2014, 01:16 AM.

Comment

nano is coming out in FST and the LFT.

4'10 - 16.1L
                    5'0 - 19.8L
                    5'2 - 22.5L
                    5'4 - 25.2L
                    5'5 - 27.0L
                    5'6 - 28.6L
                    5'7 - 30.3L
                    5'8 - 31.8L
                    5'9 - 33.8L
                    5'10 - 35.7L
                    6'0 - 39.3L
                    6'2 - 43.8L
                    6'4 - 47.7L

Comment

Thanks for the volumes now I am in trouble as the 6'2" in Nano and Vanguard are pretty identical, do I buy a new Vanguard to replace current Vanguard "Best board ever" or do I try a Nano instead.

Comment

Attachment

Comment

• Fazza
                          Fazza commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Was hoping to see some new boards for bigger/better days like the FlexFire……….wonder when the Hellrazor 2 is going to be released.

Some info on the PU versions of the Pyzel models that are mentioned in the 2014 Catalogue (The Slab and The Pyzalien) can be found on their website but will probably be slightly different in FW Tech.

Thanks csarqui, might give the Nano a go just for the interest to try something different again maybe I wont get so many strange looks like I do with my Vanguard and i am sure they will not call it an ironing board.

Comment

• csarqui
                          csarqui commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That's funny. Lately it seems like the Vanguard is the most common board in the water around here (San Diego).

• Phill
                          Phill commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Ha it looks even more like an ironing board!!! I really want to try one.

Nano Review at Surfing Life Website

http://www.surfinglifeessentials.com...oards/firewire

Comment

Gotta say, I'm a bit confused at the sizing on these with them having similar volume as the vanguard in the same length. With the round nose you'd ride these longer than the chopped nose of the vanguard surely. Tomo used to size nanos at the bridge of your nose and vanguard at chin level, but going but volume we'd be riding them the same here?

Comment

• Fazza
                            Fazza commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I think that you ride a Nano the same volume as your Vanguard…..I ride a 5'5 VG so i would chose a 5'6 Nano
                        Working...
                        X