Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, my wife read this thread and she said we sound like a bunch of junkies. Well, call a spade a spade so to speak...

Seriously, man we need help.

An intervention.

Comment

• BFILK
      BFILK commented
      Editing a comment
      Nah, I need a fix!

We're sick...Really sick...

Comment

Anyone got a ride report on the LFT compared to current Rapidfire White.

Comment

Thanks phiolsurfical.
        I did see that article and went through it a couple of times.
        Amazing that their Nano at 5'4 is 19" and ours comes in at 18 1/4.
        I'm still hanging out for a Vanguard though.

I know the Nano has been around a few models and is probably refined over that time but the Vanguard is just an OUT THERE board.
        I've called into a couple of the outlets last week while away and the best I could find was a LFT Nano at Byron.
        Didn't even see a LFT at all Volcom Gold Coast, but did get to see the cutaway section showing the HD foam stringer.
        The Nano looked OK but I'm going to go Vanguard now and maybe update to a Vader if & when it ever turns up.
        Just doesn't seem to be any real info available on that one.

Anyone got a LFT Vanguard
        How about a few nice words to make me make the call to order one sight unseen

Comment

Hey nn66
          Did you get your Nano yet.
          Did you see that I saw one at Byron, the Surf Shop right at the Main St Roundabout
          It was a 5'6 LFT Futures.
          I've made the jump & ordered my LFT Vanguard.
          My guy said none in Australia and next shipment June, but no info on what's coming & who's previously ordered one.
          Might even be July before I see one in my garage.

Comment

Hey Twiggy my mate saw that board at Byron as well he nearly ordered it however he not a Firewire Fan, anyway I am told I am getting my Nano LFT this week.

Comment

Hey Twiggy,

So LFT vs Rapidfire: its actually pretty simple. the internal suspension is the KEY change here. gone are the carbon rods and new is the foam stringer. This runs from nose to tail so its longer than the rods and is more effectively integrated into the foam. There is also MORE space occupied by the stringer than the carbon rods. The end result is a slightly stiffer, twangier ride. The rate of return is a bit faster than RF so you'll notice a super efficient ride, and if its in your style and ability, the capacity to rapidly execute maneuvers with a little more speed than RF. Its subtle but totally noticeable, for all surfers. The flex of RF was great, but it was a little soft at times, LFT steps things up and elevates the performance of the board without any tradeoffs...

Cheers and hope this helps

Comment

• morfini
                morfini commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks a lot Chris. Would LFT boards still be very resistant? What main differences would you find between LFT and FST?

Thatís a great response Chris
              Love your work.
              Glad Iíve hung in there and placed the order for the LFT, sound like itís really going to be a great construction improvement for the Vanguard.
              Itís sorta all falls into place then with the comments you have made re the RFW, and my feelings and impressions, given that my experience with the RFW was with the Baked Potato.
              The BP has a little more meat in the board compared to some of the others, and in particular the Vanguard at some of the shorter lengths.
              Now Iím more excited than ever to get my LFT Vanguard.

Comment

Hey Twiggy

Got my Nano LFT yesterday in a 6'2" I have been riding a PU board while I waited could not believe how light the Nano LFT is, I will post some pics and a report as soon as the waves are back "It had to be 6" today".
                Last edited by nn66; 05-17-2014, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Lucky guy.
                  Love the feeling of bringing home a new board & decking it out with pad & fins.
                  I've got a Forster trip mid July and a Nth Coast on mid Sept, hope my Vanguard turns up for these.
                  I'll be keen to hear how you like the Nano and your report on how it is compared to your other boards.
                  We too have suffered the last few days with nil waves, so dissapointing after a run of fun beachies & some nice little banks our way.

Comment

Got word last week my LFT Vanguard isn't showing up this month.
                    Man this is killing me.
                    Got Traction Pads & some new FCS11 Fins all ready to go and boom, nothing.
                    Anyone actually got a LFT Vanguard they want to share info about,
                    how it feels, how it rides,
                    anything for a fix.

Comment

twiggy it rides light and lively. In my opinion the flex of LFT feels even better in bigger surf than Rapidfire. I love RF in the smaller stuff but find a more even ride in the LFT at high speeds. The Vanguard flies so i think you'll be stoked at the way LFT feels when you put a rail down and surf with power!

Comment

Working...
                      X