Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misfit Mermaid Killer

http://www.misfitshapes.com/boards/mermaid-killer

discuss...

yeah i saw that they other day too. For starters at least there's another shaper out there trying new/different ideas AND thinking out side the box. It looks a bit different than any of tomo's shapes. Comparing it to the vanguard, it looks like it has a wider nose, not as much channel, the tail shape is fuller and less refined, more of a big wide square tail. my thoughts anyway. ps - love the vid
    Last edited by vortextheory; 01-21-2014, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Yeah that vid rocks!

Comment

I think the look badass. I love the names. More choice in this wonderful world.

Comment

the ones that annoy me are when a shaper/brand has them listed on their website as a new model including a backstory about how the design evolved and why they made it that way even though you can clearly see it's close to an exact copy of a vanguard.
          i think it's cool and encouraging if people are trying the shapes, liking them and making their own versions or experimenting with the MPH principles in their own way as long as they are honest with where the ideas are coming from and give tomo the credit he deserves.

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Yeah the vid was very funny and some great surfing. Looks like the board goes well! Theres some striking similarities and some subtle differences i think overall the VG looks more refined and thought out (eg position of quad trailers relative to tail concaves, more refined nose shape and entry concaves...) but then again what do i know!

Comment

Looks great - can't get it in FST though

Comment

damn...... why didn't I try sticking banana's in my fin boxes! I could do sick airs like this guy!

Comment

Its inevitable that Tomos basic design will be some what copied, evolved etc... but in this case to me, Firewire/Tomo is a Nexus 4 when compared to the Misfit being a Jitterbug.

Comment

Working...
                    X