X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanguard wave range

Thinking of getting a vanguard or waiting for a vadar what is the wave range both boards? Which on better alrounder. Thanks

I'd say waist to stomach high with good shape up to well over head. Not sure how the rocker and dims of the production Vader will compare to the Vanguard, but assuming they are equal I would say the Vanguard will have more control in bigger, down the line stuff and the Vader will be a little tighter and free in the pocket. Wave range would be similar with subtle ride differences. However, the foil and rocker may be different which would separate them further.

Comment

i rode my vg in everything from 1 ft junk to full on...and it out-surfed any previous board in almost all those conditions.. waiting on a replacement now... the vader as phill has said should be a blast too. but i'm assuming the vg will remain the one board quiver...i'm missing my vg a lot... off topic a bit, for only the second time in my years on it, my "private" reef/slab/point fired two days ago across all sections for 15 mins, in perfect solid thick glassy conditions...by looong sprint paddling like a maniac i got a couple with only a group of SUPs watching from the deep bay..the 510 v4 was UNBELIEVABLE ... i was playing with death rides like it was a 2ft soft shoulder...!! (and i dont even feel comfortable putting it on the line anymore..i'm a sook now) unbelievable..... then yesterday on a wonky but powerful thick wedge i had trouble even getting to my feet on it...!!.. this is something i used to take in my stride (wrong board-wrong wave) but with the vg i can ride the one familiar board in pretty much anything and be on the BEST board on the day.....

Comment

Well Core I'm sold... Looking at the Vader as a sort of VG 2.0, we'll see. I'm waiting, lurking before I pull the trigger on one of these Tomo art works. It will be an LFT flavor for sure as I love Rapidfire and the LFT is supposed to be RF 2.0 of sorts.

At any rate, I always enjoy your posts, keep em coming!

Comment

Thanks might go 5'8 vg as a all rounder you guys say its waist to over head iam sold. Double check size go lower end volume or upper end.

Comment

seabass, go for your lowest volume or slightly under....i ride the 506 at up to 90kg's and steamer and i'm 6ft.. (83kg in boardies ATM..!!.. can almost see my abs..!!)..

aurf, yeah lft = light and lively rapidfire style... thats why i'm still vanguard-less.. waiting on lft as my r/f replacement... should be under my feet shortly..!!..

Comment

Working...
            X