X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fins on your vanguard

What fins are you guys running in your Vanguard? are they your normal set? did you go with a smaller/larger set then your usual? stiffer/more flexy (blackstix)?

I really like the KR AI sides and EA Blackstix rear. Full EA is good too. YU worked well, WCT was great in the right waves. Mine hasn't felt off with any fins I've tried.

Comment

up to around 90kg on the 5'6 all i needed was the really flexy ea blackstix in all waves.... drive and hold from the rail and tail, fins just as support in the vg...from my experience anyway...may play around with the lft on arrival, but will prob just leave the ea's in.... and these are too small tipped and flexy for me in "normal boards"...the rapidfire was possibly the best board i've ever ridden.. (sorry Nev.!!)

Comment

• Phill
        Phill commented
        Editing a comment
        Try some flat foiled but slightly bigger fins in the side when there's a bit of size or power, Dave. I found it made it more neutral and predictable, really controlled release. The flexy BS trailer keeps it feeling free but the flat foiled fronts release the water quicker it make it feel more neutral.

Even though mine are FCS I found my favourite set of quads and thruster fins worked well in my VG. So I found my "normal" fins seemed to work well.

Comment

Have the Jordy L on mine and they fit like a glove

Comment

• Josh BL
          Josh BL commented
          Editing a comment
          ^ Agree with Iggy

Anyone tried a deviant fin? Or are they a dead duck now?

Comment

futures rob machado's...i love the v2 foil and the flex and response are good for me at like 147 lbs

Comment

controllers. 508 VG .

Comment

I tried the medium jordy set in my 5'4 yesterday. Another set of fins that felt great. I don't think the VG cares too much what fins are in, it's such a rail driven board you could prob rip it with 3 nubsters.

Comment

• Sarge
                Sarge commented
                Editing a comment
                Not sure about that Phill.
                But I reckon if I had 5 knubsters it would smash it!!!!!!
                Are there 4 people out there who could lend me their knubster to test this out. My interest is piqued. This could turn out to be a revelation.
                Or a funny revelation. It might not be soon, but I'll get back to you.

Haha would love to hear the outcome, Sarge! Get to it :D

Comment

I like where your heads at Sarge - Would reckon it would ride like a wakeboard and be super slidey!

- FIJ

Comment

Hey Sarge, they are only $16/each;

http://www.surffcs.com/shop/surf-spe...cs-vs-knubster

Very easy to buy 4 and give it a whirl :)

Comment

I just put a set of Shapers DVS Quad Keels in...
                    http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server38...0.1280.jpg?c=1
                    The speed and drive are phenomenal, best risk I've taken this year!
                    Last edited by Slowman; 04-21-2014, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X