• Show
Clear All

• Is that.... An FST VADER?! :O

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...4849243&type=1

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...57124158_n.jpg

Comment

Just a colour cast on the edge

Comment

The board in the foreground is the Firewire Vader. I thought I heard Tomo's using some new tech on it - something like LFT. He likes those carbon inlays in the front...

Comment

Pretty certain the channel setup on the Vader won't be possible with the FST skin. It doesn't even look like Tomo's Vader has a deck skin.

Comment

looks a hell of a lot like balsa rails to me... maybe just a trick of the light tho... eitherway this is a board i am seriously interested in. I have heard people love it as much as the vanguard, it not more and IMO its a cleaner looking tail shape... whatever happens im frothing for the firewire release of these!

Comment

Haha, those 'balsa rails' are definitely just a trick of the light!

Comment

i frothed too hard didnt i..

Comment

My friend had word from Daniel that the Vader will be in stores in September...

Comment

yeah those timelines seem right but this product is still being developed so there is still nothing concrete yet.

prj we are actually getting really good at tweaking the manufacturing process to be able to create crazy channels even in FST, but to your point it is a challenge. As for the vader there are no plans for that board to come in any tech other than daniels WIP tech seen in the photos...

Cheers boys

Comment

• Phill
                      Phill commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Good stuff, thanks Chris!

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                    yeah those timelines seem right but this product is still being developed so there is still nothing concrete yet.

prj we are actually getting really good at tweaking the manufacturing process to be able to create crazy channels even in FST, but to your point it is a challenge. As for the vader there are no plans for that board to come in any tech other than daniels WIP tech seen in the photos...

Cheers boys
                    I'm dribbling wine from my mouth right now...Can't wait! Thanks, Chris!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post

Cheers boys
                      Chris - Thanks for the update. Any plans to get any of the Tomo shapes in TimberTek?

Comment

WIP tech?!?

Comment

• Phill
                          Phill commented
                          Editing a comment
                          the carbon stripped tech the proto is made from

I was able to check out the Vader at the Boardroom show this weekend in Del Mar. The board looks great. I can't wait to try it out. I used the word "WIP" when talking to Daniel. He didn't know what the F I was talking about. It basically seems to be white rapid fire tech with no rods or carbon strips.

Comment

sorry folks, WIP means "work in progress". So Daniel is the man driving that project so until we announce a tech, until it is totally confirmed, it really is a work in progress...

haha that is funny.

Comment

• Phill
                            Phill commented
                            Editing a comment
                            :D hahaha WIP has a good ring to it though
                        Working...
                        X