X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nano + VG or V4

Gents- I've been riding an SP and a Nano for about 2 mos now and I absolutely love my Nano for 3-5 feet regardless of conditions. I bought a used FST off a buddy and its definitely overvol but it is still the best board I've ever ridden. I'm looking to add a HPSB to the mix and drop a lot of vol vs my Nano (4-7ltrs depending on how brave I feel). I know the logical choice is to go for the V4 because of "overlap" but honestly if I get the VG ~5 Litres lower in vol it should perform very differently right? I'm looking for something to take out in 5-7 ft clean conditions or when waves get steep/hollow. I surf southern CA so the likelihood of needing a stick for >7ft (1ft overhead wave face) or tubes is virtually nonexistent, it will most likely be used it 4-6 ft. I'm simply looking to take my surfing to that next level but don't want to add another Nano in a lower volume (or do I...). Any feedback or thoughts?

Hey BFILK,
    yeah getting a proper sized Vanguard would be good but if you are truly after a HPSB then the V4 is WAYYYY more the board you want. Narrower nose and tail, a little extra rocker and a little more length. All the pieces you need to make better waves bow to you.

Comment

Thanks Chris, I had a feeling the V4 was the way to go. Now its just a question of sizing. I was leaning towards the 6'6 but not sure whether to go 6'4 or not. The right Vol for me would be 40 for this board (I think) 6'4/220ish lbs and normally surf in a 3/2 or 4/3 w/booties. Unless there is a miracle, everything I'll surf will be <1 ft overhead. Do you think a little more vol or a little less for the V4? At 6'4 I'm at my height and 1.6 Ltr low on vol but at 6'6 I'm 2.2 Ltrs higher in Vol. I am intermediate so def not a ripper.

Comment

Working...
      X