X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size once again??

Ok The usual questions what size? Me 90-92kg 6' 1" love my uni 6' 4" but could have gone 6' 2" after reading all on this forum I'm still confused, 5' 8" or 5' 9" ??

hey 50 young...hmm hmm hmm. tough call. So i went to the nano straight from my performance hybrid volume and found success. Going off your Unibrow dims i would definitely push you towards the 509. At 91kg, i think you gain WAY more from that added volume than you would by going shorter and shaving float. Also the nano has a nicely pulled in tail and a bit of nose rocker that makes the board really work well. if you were handed a 509 you would get on it and love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
      hey 50 young...hmm hmm hmm. tough call. So i went to the nano straight from my performance hybrid volume and found success. Going off your Unibrow dims i would definitely push you towards the 509. At 91kg, i think you gain WAY more from that added volume than you would by going shorter and shaving float. Also the nano has a nicely pulled in tail and a bit of nose rocker that makes the board really work well. if you were handed a 509 you would get on it and love it!
      Thanks Chris, I'm looking at the Vanguard, so the Vanguard would be the same?

Comment

I'm riding a 5'10 Nano and was interested in a Vanguard. I held a 5'10 Vanguard and it was an inch taller than me and the rails felt pretty large. Can someone throw me a size rec. Maybe the 5'8??

Comment

• Waxer
          Waxer commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm riding a 5'10 Nano and was interested in a Vanguard. I held a 5'10 Vanguard and it was an inch taller than me and the rails felt pretty large. Can someone throw me a size rec. Maybe the 5'8?? Is it worth having both? If so why?

Hey Vanguard riders...
        I'm riding a 5'10 Nano and would like to try the VG. Is everyone going smaller on the VG than Nano? Or riding them the same size? I'm sure I could paddle the 5'8 but it would take more effort...Is the performance worth it?

Comment

• Phill
          Phill commented
          Editing a comment
          IMO smaller is better. I'd ride a. 5'6 nano but would have a 5'4 vanguard if buying a stock FW.
          Mark Prices was saying he started on a 5'6 vanguard to keep within his normal volume range, switched to the 5'5 to reduced width and length but is now riding the 5'4. Obviously Mark surfs well.
          I think the key is riding the vanguard in conditions that favour it and allow you to minimise volume needed.
          If you want it as a daily driver and you regularly surf in strong, rippy line ups then keeping the volume will help.
          Short paddles in good shaped surf and you don't really need all the volume with this shape.
      Working...
      X