X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I fix this crack?

Got my board back from vacation and the nice people at United airlines did this for me. I can feel the edge on this crack so i'm worried it might leak next time I go surfing. Should I just sand a put a skim of epoxy over?

Looks pretty nimor, if you can't feel it with your finger nail forget about it
    If not, light sanding to create bonding, hot coat it with epoxy resin

Comment

I always think it's worth putting a small patch of fibreglass over a crack. Especially on an area like the rail. The lick of epoxy is probably sufficient and will make it water tight, but maybe not as permanently as it would be if you patched it.

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
        I always think it's worth putting a small patch of fibreglass over a crack. Especially on an area like the rail. The lick of epoxy is probably sufficient and will make it water tight, but maybe not as permanently as it would be if you patched it.
        I'd use clear helicopter tape, it will be water tight, permanent and neat (if you can cut neatly!).

Comment

I don't even know what that is!

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
            I don't even know what that is!
            Here you go http://www.racerstape.com/heli.html and http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...lutions/Boots/ are just a couple of examples. It is tough polyurethane tape, the adhesive is very strong. I use it to protect the carbon frame on my bikes. It adheres that strongly that if you put it on incorrectly and try to take it off it will take the finish coat off with it. Originally used to protect the leading edge of carbon helicopter blades, hence the name.

Comment

sounds pretty full on!

Comment

I put a skim of epoxy over it last night but I will check that tape out for next time! seems like cool stuff

Comment

Indeed!!

Comment

Working...
                  X