Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delam sweet potato

I was in the process of re-waxing my board when I noticed the de-lam

Hey Soggy, no need to start multiple threads on the same thing, check your other thread and shoot Chris an email.

Comment

sorry officer

Comment

well is just to keep the forum neat.Everything has its own place on the new forum, not a matter of being policing people, just to guide them

Comment

Soggy,

Don't expect to much from FW. Get it fixed asap at a good repair shop and you'll be in the water within 4 or 5 days. I have the same problem with my FW lost 5'11. The problem occured in North Sumatra after surfing it for 6 weeks! Had to book a ticket back to Bali to find a repair shop. It's not too hard to do it yourself if you have the proper tools and resin... The repairshop said it occurs frequently with the boards from the last few years. Not very well laminated. With my board, the guy just peeled off the top layer lik it was a banana. GEt it to the shop and do not surf it. You'll only make it worse, or even snap it...
          Hope you'll get a solution! Good Luck!!

Comment

Hey Bas I am still on the road. The end of the year is very busy for Firewire. We were closed last week and I am on the road this week on the east coast and have limited time to be at my computer. Please bear with us. I have all your emails saved and will certainly be getting to them.

Thanks for your understanding.

Soggy do feel free to email me.

Comment

I have a question maybe someone from FW can answer, I keep hearing everyone saying that to prevent the boards from any damage they must be kept out of the heat, and knowing that the boards are shipped from asia, I'm sure they are shipped in large metal shipping containers by sea, therefore knowing the high heat conditions of these containers in shipping yards, shipping holds, and again in shipping yards awaiting custom checks can take weeks upon months, and I know most shipping containers heat way upward to 150+ in the sun, therefore damage will most likely be done to these boards way before the future buyer even takes ownership. This results in an unsuspected surfer buying a board for $739.00+tax, surfing it for 5-10 sessions then realizing something is wrong because the pressure from his 5-10 sessions is now showing because of heat related delam issues caused way before the time he purchased the board. So my question is in what ways are these shipment's temps controlled? and besides a visual inspection done at board arrival or purchase how are we to know that this board was not in high temperature conditions during shipping? My solution for FW is to place a temp indicator sticker on the boards right out of the factory, that way upon arrival and or purchase the boards can be examined and consumers will know that there board never reached damaging temperatures prior to there purchase.

Comment

That's actually a very good question ocean

Comment

Check this:
                  http://www.ista.org/forms/LEINBERGER...ns06_paper.pdf
                  Last edited by iggy; 01-20-2012, 08:08 PM.

Comment

After reading the work done by Mr Leinberg, I don't think temperature variations inside the containers will reach the levels of compromising structural integrity of the boards.
                    If heat during shipment would be the cause of delamination issues, then we would have entire shipment of boards presenting the same symptoms. This is not the case since the issues reported are random and very rare considering the volume of boards manufactured and shipped.
                    I hope this helps.
                    Thanks again for bringing up the point ocean

Comment

I have a FW delam story. This Christmas in OZ we had holidays in a unit complex. My wife inadvertently put the car with my ADDvance and SP in it out in the visitor carpark in the morning. I was out for the day but came back to find them in the car in the sun all day. I don't know how hot it was but I couldn't walk far over the concrete in bare feet. Anyway, 2 months later no delam issues. Ps my carbon SUP paddle bubbled completely and I had to throw it out.

Comment

Still married I hope!

Comment

Originally posted by Goanna View Post
                          Still married I hope!
                          jejejjeje

Comment

Puddles of wax in the car?

Comment

i have some of those surferIRE

Comment

Working...