X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timbertek Ding Repair -Sanding

Guys, I cracked the nose on my BP and had it repaired. My repair guy did a great job but he had to sand back the wooden laminate on the edge of the repair in order to get a smooth finish and blend in the epoxy. Now there is bare/sanded wood and I'm worried it will let in water. Is there a coat of wood oil or laminate I should put on to prevent water soaking into the wood where it has been sanded??

Thanks in advance,

Shiloh

Use epoxy resin

Comment

That's not my question. I've used epoxy resin to fix the ding but there is the surrounding area which had been sanded lightly. Does this need a stain or anything to protect the bare wood around the ding which had been sanded?

Comment

the wood is sealed with an entropy epoxy resin... maybe use a rag and wipe a thin layer of epoxy over the area to seal the sanded wood

Comment

Ok, thanks Phil

Comment

• Phill
            Phill commented
            Editing a comment
            i'd double check with chris to be 100% but i don't see why that wouldn't be suitable.

yeah shiloh that would be the proper approach!! you would do a little hot coat essentially. just brush or wipe a layer of resin over the exposed wood and then buff lightly to smooth out...

Comment

• Matt_s
            Matt_s commented
            Editing a comment
            If you lightly brush resin into the wood does the wood soak some up? I always feel paranoid that I have sanded off the epoxy once iv done the sanding with a thin coat.
            As the board doesn't have a glassed feel to it, how could you tell you have covered it? I'm still ding free on my techno grain but just preparing for the future
        Working...
        X