X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dominator FST Crack Ding Repair

For a minor ding repair on a Dominator FST I have to use the Solarez Epoxy Version, right? How is it with rapidfire and white rapidfire?

Cheers Börni

That's fine for a temporary repair but for a permanent repair I'd use epoxy resin and 2 layers of fibreglass. I'd normally use 4oz cloth but recently read someone saying they had good results with 2oz because it's much easier to blend the repair back in without sanding right through the patch.

Comment

Okay! Thanx Phill!

Comment

Originally posted by Phill View Post
        That's fine for a temporary repair but for a permanent repair I'd use epoxy resin and 2 layers of fibreglass. I'd normally use 4oz cloth but recently read someone saying they had good results with 2oz because it's much easier to blend the repair back in without sanding right through the patch.
        Phill, I just got my FST Pyzalien with a minor crack point on the bottom, shipping carrier did it. Anyways, I could purchase the epoxy resin on internet. Should I look for any epoxy resin? would that be enough or should I also purchase fiberglass?

Comment

• Phill
          Phill commented
          Editing a comment
          Depends how minor it is. Never hurts to have a good ding repair kit around though!
          The Ding All epoxy kits are decent.

• morfini
          morfini commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank a lot Phill. I just got exaclty that kit, All Ding, at amazon.com Should work fine. Cheers!
      Working...
      X