X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Futures Fin Box missing rung

I just bought a used hellfire and after fixing the ding I noticed that one of the fin boxes is also missing a rung (you know the cylinder at the back of the fin box that the fin grabs onto).

Question, does that need to be fixed? If I put the fin in tight, is it safe to ride it that way?

Not sure how much fin boxes cost to repair, but is there a way I could fix that myself without taking out the entire fin box? Maybe a small spot of glue in the fin box to hold the back of the fin in place? any ideas?

Short of glassing the fin in I think it'd need replacing. Fin will prob keep falling out else. Bummer :(

Comment

I think I can fix it... Worth a try. I can use the Finn to glue a rung in, maybe add some hot glue for extra strength at the back. Should be enough to keep it in, but the bond could still be broken if I want to change fins

Comment

• Phill
        Phill commented
        Editing a comment
        Worth a try. Just test it with a cheap fin first!

Phill, testing with a cheap fin is a REALLY good idea. I put it in today without anything and tugged on it, feels pretty secure with nothing holding it in but the front screw. I think any extra support may be enough. We'll see....

Comment

Working...
      X