X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapid fire taking on water??

So I have an Addvance. 2 sessions ago I come home and lean it up upright against the wall where I usually park it between sessions and I thought I heard it making a weird clicking noise. I blew it off, thinking the noise had to be coming from somewhere else in the house. Last session, same thing. I thought it was weird once again, but again blew it off. Today, I follow the same procedure only I noticed the board felt unusually heavy putting it against the wall, I once again heard the clicking and put my ear to the board. It is definitely coming from the board. Common sense says it's taking on water, but the board was only bought this past May and has no dings whatsoever. I baby this thing. It does have some pressure denting, but I literally just had the wax off and it didn't look bad at all. There is no discoloring anywhere, I lean it up against the wall with a towel under it, and the towel is never unusually wet? wtf? Any ideas? How could I tell if it's taking on water?

Check the fin boxes. That's a danger area

Comment

Thanks Phill, I looked them over and nothing....

Comment

Under tail pad as well, any square end like the tail or nose

Comment

Like Iggy is saying, you might have to take off the traction pad to see if there's a crack under there...Are there any hairline cracks on the rail?

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

I've been over the board an insane amount of times. There are no cracks at all. Whats wierd is that the day after use, it doesnt feel heavy anymore. I recently put a traction pad on it. Maybe the weight im feeling is the wet traction pad? But if thats the case, then what is the noise?

Comment

Weigh it before and after a surf?

Comment

Smart...Thanks Phill. If it's the traction pad it should drop back to normal weight afterwards. If it's taking on water it would still be a bit heavier after the pad dries.. But that still leaves me with the noise..in which case, if it's not taking water, then it's actually haunted. haha.

Comment

• Phill
                  Phill commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah the nose is strange. Do you like somewhere hot/cold. Could be a bit of expansion/retraction from warming/cooling.

I'm in NJ. Water is in the low 40's air is in the 30's. Hopefully I will get to go out on monday to see what happens.

Comment

Have you heard of expanding/contracting noises before with fw's

Comment

Working...
                  X