Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FireWire FlexFire RapidFire Board, No Customer Support

To Whom It May Concern:

I purchased a new board in December for my son. After a few days of surfing the board split in two pieces?
    Is there a problem with the quality or manufacturing process of these boards?
    I find it annoying that my son can not get any interaction from the dealer or FireWire customer service?
    Is it customary in California to sell products and not support them?
    I would think that your image as a surfboard manufacturer would at least compel you to investigate if your board had a flaw?
    Very disappointed with your quality but more so with your lack of supporting your product.

Is there a regional manager in the San Diego area?

Charles Willard

Hi Charles. Your best bet would be to email Chris directly at [email protected]
    Link him to this thread so he knows who he's in contact with and include where and when the board was purchased, proof of purchase, the serial number located on the board, number of times used and circumstances of the damage.
    If you include who you've tried contacting previously also it'll help to figure out why you havent received any support sooner.
    Firewire are usually excellent with their customer support, probably the best of any surfboard company so it's unfortunate that youve slipped through the cracks some how.
    Best of luck!

Comment

Some photos of the damage would also be helpful to include in the email.

Comment

I figure they'll get the board into the San Diego warehouse to check it over seeing as its local.
        No harm in including pics though.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your guidance ... I really appreciate it ... CJ Willard
          I will respond with photos ASAP.

Comment

Greetings Charles,

I also haven't received a phone call or a voicemail from you and our phone number is posted on our website. With all do respect Charles, how is your first thread written with the tone you have chosen? We offer nothing but extensive support of our customers and we take the time to hear our customer's cases. In my respectful opinion, your tone is unfair especially given that you haven't reached out to me directly and the purported damage took place all the way back in December.

I respect your sentiments and understand you are angry but your tone is very unappreciated on my part, especially given that I am going to be the one helping you.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Charles,
              Having similar issues in NZ. Aussy Firewire just don't care, and are arrogant. They have manufacturing issues and use Customers as quality control.
              I suggest a Surftech in future, as my trust Hogfish surf tech is over 5 years old and still ripping like new. I also ride trust PU boards, have tried Placebos, and locally made flex lites with better results than Firewires. None of them leaked from new!

Cheers

Blair
              NZ.

Originally posted by chuck willard View Post
              To Whom It May Concern:

I purchased a new board in December for my son. After a few days of surfing the board split in two pieces?
              Is there a problem with the quality or manufacturing process of these boards?
              I find it annoying that my son can not get any interaction from the dealer or FireWire customer service?
              Is it customary in California to sell products and not support them?
              I would think that your image as a surfboard manufacturer would at least compel you to investigate if your board had a flaw?
              Very disappointed with your quality but more so with your lack of supporting your product.

Is there a regional manager in the San Diego area?

Charles Willard

Comment

Oh fancy seeing you here blair.

Comment

Originally posted by Blair Strang View Post
                  Hi Charles,
                  Having similar issues in NZ. Aussy Firewire just don't care, and are arrogant. They have manufacturing issues and use Customers as quality control.
                  I suggest a Surftech in future, as my trust Hogfish surf tech is over 5 years old and still ripping like new. I also ride trust PU boards, have tried Placebos, and locally made flex lites with better results than Firewires. None of them leaked from new!

Cheers

Blair
                  NZ.
                  You see??? now this is already looking like sabotage!!!.You're only hurting your own credibility. Hope you get some waves soon...more time in the water less time...
                  Last edited by iggy; 04-29-2012, 05:37 PM.

Comment

no leash plug issues with mine. or broke in half... I own three FW's and thats all i ride now.

Comment

Working...
                    X