Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repaired Rapidfire Spitfire any good??

Hey People, tempted to get a used Spitfire but has repairs to it, basically had a small hole in the bottom side which was fixed then started to delam so was sent back to firewire for a full repair, but it now has a small line from rail to rail where it was fixed and guy says it wasn't snapped or buckeled, worth a punt for the right price? Bit of a large repair for a small dent puts me off!

do you have pics of it???. It does look a bit fishy if ou have a "line" going from rail to rail on the board

Comment

Na its on ebay but no pictures of the repair, not sure why they would repair it that way? Unless it was creased? I know someone selling a 6ft fst next week but not sure if it'll be to big as i've started shedding some pounds recently! And its coming into summer

Comment

Originally posted by 2ftandjunky View Post
        Na its on ebay but no pictures of the repair, not sure why they would repair it that way? Unless it was creased? I know someone selling a 6ft fst next week but not sure if it'll be to big as i've started shedding some pounds recently! And its coming into summer
        If you know this person and you can actually see the board is always better. Looks pretty suspicious to me a repair from rail to rail for a small ding, unless the composite was removed and then vacuumed bagged after. Do you have the link?

Comment

Yeah I wouldn't be able to pick it up for a couple of weeks so i'd just have to take the gamble. Here is the link but no picture of the repair.

Cheers for your advice!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Firewire-s...item4cfff52c77

Comment

It looks fine in the pics. Hard to say for sure though.

Comment

Proper nice looking 6' Sub Scorcher just gone on ebay for 250 starting price!!....not sure if it'll work in my local waves though

Comment

Ha just saw that too.

If you were really keen on that Spitfire I could potentially go and give it a look over for you and give you my opinion on the repairs and condition. I'm about 30 mins from Newquay. But I wouldn't be accountable if you ended up having problems with it of course.

Comment

Ah cheers mate appreciate it but I think i'll see if it goes up in price first, if not I might bid and take the chance. I was only going to keep it till july time then trade it in for something else to complement my P'nator which is due in june, so as long as it stays cheap should be able to get my money back on it....

Comment

id save my money and buy new.then u wont have regret or a splitting head ache if something happens.or look for one without a repair!

Comment

Went for 350 in the end, bit to pricey for me, roll on june for the P'nator yeww!

Comment

Working...
                      X