Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snapped 5'8 hellfire

faaaaaark! $800 jokes on me

bought my first firewire just before christmas to be my small wave riper after hearing lots of good things and after only a handful of surfs (only waxed once) at my local, a wave around the 4ft size snapped this baby in half right in the middle.

I don't think you will see any of my mates or people surfing around me that day going anywhere near a firewire even after Ive told them all for the last 4 weeks how epic it is!!

I still have 2 fibreglass boards that have lasted well over two years and copped beatings even ive come out second best too. so I recon either this board was a dud or not really made for what I would consider normal use. I would hardly consider this repairable???

abel

hey abesy,
    sorry to hear of your issues.

By chance are you out of AUS? If you can email me at the below address I'll get you in touch with the right folks there.

Thanks

Comment

I sent off an email to firewire australia (through natural neccesities where I got the board) and after 3 weeks waiting I doubt they are going to get back to me..

Comment

got to be worth shooting Chris an email so he can put you in touch... nothing to lose, right?

Comment

dont forget, if your other p/u boards were in that moment in time, they would of snapped too..

Comment

Originally posted by abesy View Post
            faaaaaark! $800 jokes on me

bought my first firewire just before christmas to be my small wave riper after hearing lots of good things and after only a handful of surfs (only waxed once) at my local, a wave around the 4ft size snapped this baby in half right in the middle.

I don't think you will see any of my mates or people surfing around me that day going anywhere near a firewire even after Ive told them all for the last 4 weeks how epic it is!!

I still have 2 fibreglass boards that have lasted well over two years and copped beatings even ive come out second best too. so I recon either this board was a dud or not really made for what I would consider normal use. I would hardly consider this repairable???

abel
            That's a bummer abesy....hope you get it sorted soon

on a lighter note I thought it was a little funny how Chris knew you were from Australia.....it must have been the faaaaaaaaark!

Comment

Working...
            X