X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new razor

i was just putting fins into my brand new hellrazor and when i was unscrewing the screws one was almost stuck.. i got it to move out slowly with some more pressure and noticed a lot of the white plug "shavings" were coming out with the screw (maybe it wasn't put in properly, never had a problem like that before) the thing that concerns me is that it was bulging a bit (created by the screw)as it was coming out and it also created a crease in the plug between the screw and the fin.. a fine line thats raised just enough to feel it with my nail. will this compromise the strength of the plug? i also don't have any play with that one plug as well so i can't adjust the fin at all. all the other plugs are fine.. pics won't work tried it too white and don't come out..
    Last edited by kdropin; 04-20-2012, 03:06 PM.

A pic will help, I believe it will not but I would sand a bit and apply a little resin coat to seal

Comment

hey kdropin,
      yeah i am having a hard tim envisioning it, but it sounds like perhaps the screw is off thread?

Can you back the screw all the way out?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
        hey kdropin,
        yeah i am having a hard tim envisioning it, but it sounds like perhaps the screw is off thread?

Can you back the screw all the way out?
        i was able to eventually screw it all the out.. it was when i was first trying to take the screw out to put the fin in.. it was basically stuck and had to push the key a lot harder then the normal ones to get it out. thats when the shavings started coming out.. the crease is in between the screw hole and the fin hole.(that thin part that seperates the two). the crease is only about the thickness of a credit card.. i also cannot move the fin at all once its in the box as well.. i hope its nothing but as we all know we want a brand new board to be flawless thats why i'm asking.

Comment

is it a crease or a crack?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
            is it a crease or a crack?
            its a crease.. its in the material stuff that the screw goes in.. it bulged as the screw was coming out and left the crease in that material like the screw was in there wrong and didn't want to come out. but for that material to crease must mean that it was weakened to some extent

its right above the screw you can see the faint different color white
            Attachment
            Attached Files

Comment

that looks like some of the resin would have gone into the screw and made it stuck.Probably went through the tape or something. At this point sanding the area and reglassing will solve it. Don't think there is an issue with the fin plug itself

Comment

If you take the fin out, how in the inside of the plug where that creased section of the plug ends. That's the only area I'd be worried about. That's a bummer on a new board either way though :(

Comment

Originally posted by iggy View Post
                  that looks like some of the resin would have gone into the screw and made it stuck.Probably went through the tape or something. At this point sanding the area and reglassing will solve it. Don't think there is an issue with the fin plug itself
                  i think chris was right that the screw was off thread. but when screwing it out it bulged out and left that little crease so yes i think the plug is probably weakened to a point or it would have not creased. the hole that the screw is in is fine its the part that seperates the screw and the fin (which is super thin to begin with) that worries me a bit. sanding and putting resin over something that isn't glassed doesn't make sense to me

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                    If you take the fin out, how in the inside of the plug where that creased section of the plug ends. That's the only area I'd be worried about. That's a bummer on a new board either way though :(
                    it goes down about half way (the area we are talking about is so small to begin with) which is what worries me.. yeah new board should come with no worries

Comment

If you are able to put the fin in, once in, if you try to move it sideways does this crease moves along with the movement of the fin?.

Comment

have to try it when i get a chance i don't think so.. but that back part of the plug is messed up.. i can't get any play from the fin (forward/back) like i should with the fusion plugs. the front hole of the plug is normal.. tried same fin other plugs and was fine so it def. the plug.

Comment

Have you emailed chris?
                          [email protected]

At this point he's gonna assist you on get that board checked and fixed
                          Where are you in the East Coast?
                          We tend to go down to Ogunquit and New Hampshire quite often whenever there are waves

Comment

Long island ny

Comment

yeah kdropin can you get something my direction?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X