Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Faulty Firewire Delaminating through Leash Plug. Firewire doesn't back up its product Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys,

The thing I find extraordinary about this post is the response from everyone else. Assuming there's some truth to what Blair has said in his post, the fact that most people have had positive experiences with FW boards and service are hardly going to do much to make him feel any better. The only responses I can see from anyone who represents FW on this are to wade in with all of the other bloggers and stick the boot in. The first response I would have expected of a company of FW's standing would have been to look beyond the tone and the fact that he has brought it up on other threads (which if what he says is true is more than understandable) and post a reply that addresses the actual issues he has raised. On the other hand, if what he says is not true or is particularly one-sided, then I would post FW's side of the story. Because at the moment, the message you are sending out does not befit the usual excellence of your product.
    Last edited by CaptainH; 06-01-2012, 02:10 PM. Reason: Grammatical

Comment

I don't know Captain at some point you have to make a judgement as to whether the intent is purely malicious. I think we were all open minded to begin with and gave Blair a chance to put his case forward and yet nothing was forthcoming, except more posts SUBSEQUENT to this, on other threads. It's the timing that really gives in away. An opportunity to advance Blair's cause was passed up in favour of making more unfavourable remarks on other threads.

Comment

I think Blair and Firewire have come to some sort of arrangement.

Comment

Guys,

Just so you know, there is a professional manner and a deliberately destructive manner. Its normally very easy to tell the difference between the two. In public forum like this, its absolutely imperative that I defend the truth because the internet is a very harsh place for brands. With all the users out there, the only one with any responsibility and accountability on this forum is Firewire, and while the forum is a great asset, its also a lightning rod. We don't moderate our user's posts at all, unless something is offensive towards people or a specific demographic, so I will definitely defend my right to rebut certain posts. Keep in mind, this is where the entire globe comes to either praise or attack the Firewire brand and when you consider how many boards are out there, its an astoundingly positive place.

Additionally, in cases where the person is emotionally invested in his or her opinion, its far more productive to take things off the forum. That is what we did with Blair. With his case, a resolution was reached and the inquiry has been closed. If Blair wants to share what happened that is great. I will say that both parties left happy, but I am not going to share the back and forth out of respect fro Blair.

CaptainH, hopefully you understand our discourse.

Its great though because even when there is a bump in the road, a lot of times the resolution is good and that's because the people who frequent the forum are informative and objective.

Thanks again for everyone's support!!!

Cheers

Comment

right on chris...right on....!!

Comment

Stoked to hear that all ended well & Firewire as always, listens & acts in a professional manner!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                Guys,

Just so you know, there is a professional manner and a deliberately destructive manner. Its normally very easy to tell the difference between the two. In public forum like this, its absolutely imperative that I defend the truth because the internet is a very harsh place for brands. With all the users out there, the only one with any responsibility and accountability on this forum is Firewire, and while the forum is a great asset, its also a lightning rod. We don't moderate our user's posts at all, unless something is offensive towards people or a specific demographic, so I will definitely defend my right to rebut certain posts. Keep in mind, this is where the entire globe comes to either praise or attack the Firewire brand and when you consider how many boards are out there, its an astoundingly positive place.

Additionally, in cases where the person is emotionally invested in his or her opinion, its far more productive to take things off the forum. That is what we did with Blair. With his case, a resolution was reached and the inquiry has been closed. If Blair wants to share what happened that is great. I will say that both parties left happy, but I am not going to share the back and forth out of respect fro Blair.

CaptainH, hopefully you understand our discourse.

Its great though because even when there is a bump in the road, a lot of times the resolution is good and that's because the people who frequent the forum are informative and objective.

Thanks again for everyone's support!!!

Cheers
                Right on!!

Comment

Working...
                X