X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RESALE boards blog for Firewire.

Could this be a possible Forum thread, for the resale of Firewire (USED or nearly new)
    We already use craigslist and the local surfshops. But it would be nice to have a regular thread here to help resale of FIREWIREsfor those who ordered too much volume or not enough, or just did not order the right perfomance board for themselves.

let me just double check with the sales guys here.

Thanks

Comment

thanks Chris, I know its counter productive to new sales..

Comment

...and if someone near me is selling a near new 6'2 FST FCS Hellfire I'll be upset!!!

Comment

i'm w/fritz. i second the notion for a fw classified listing thread...like many other surf specific sites that require a member login. let's divide the treasure amongst ourselves! the way i see it...this helps improve overall morale and sales not dilute them. new local friendships are suddenly made and mutually happy transactions inevitably follow. not everyone can afford to go straight retail for everything in today's economy. by selling your board to someone here who already has a specific taste feeds their individual stoke levels which becomes infectious to others outside the FW family of users. i also believe this could boost sales actually on another level. if someone was perhaps looking for a specific board in my area and i knew of a shop that i frequent had one in stock i'd gladly refer them that way...or perhaps forum members who actually work in the shops could advise us of their current FW offerings.

for what it's worth...i own multiple FW products like most everyone on here and that speaks volumes to our friends/others in the line-up who see our "balsa-bombed rails" and "sexy tan bamboo" flying down the line! also when you sell a board you obviously are recovering money which can now be used to purchase a NEW FW! seriously...if companies worried about their most devoted cult forum member meager swap-meet sales affecting the quarterly reports...they prob wouldn't be spending their costly materials and time consuming r&d on making us all a new and improved high-quality cutting edge tech product that is now much lighter, stronger and lasts us consumers a hell of alot longer! besides...don't we all prefer to sell our used boards we have enjoyed to someone that can truly appreciate it like we once did?

p.s. anybody in so.cal this month either looking to move a 6.10 addvance [5-fin] version? or know anybody who's stocking them? like vance and nev put it...it's time i try me out some "EXTREME FLOTATION" ;)
          Last edited by underrdog; 01-08-2012, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Good idea
            Gives people a chance to try out some different boards where they might think twice because of the initial outlay
            Demos are a great idea but one or two surfs aren't really enough time

Comment

I think it's a good idea.

Comment

Hey All,
                we debated it internally and actually decided against it. people are welcome to discuss it on the forum, but we don't want to create the "shopping" atmosphere here on the forum....

thanks for all the input!!!

Comment

There's plenty of classified sites for local areas, it makes more sense to use them than a global site like this one. If you're in the US the Surfermag classified section is a great place to check out, craigslist obviously too. Magicseaweed is great for UK, even though it's kind of world wide it seems to be mostly UK/Euro. Can't go wrong with ebay really either. Local surf shop used racks are always worth checking too.

Comment

yeah and there is added responsibility too with creating a "selling" atmosphere as it attracts scams and general internet shadiness.

hopefully people understand.

Cheers

Comment

thanks for the consideration...

Comment

no worries. good idea!

Comment

Working...
                        X