X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug

I posted here but I can't see my post, something to do with the post not being on the first page or something?

http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/f/...age2#post33866

Cheers!
    Last edited by reserves; 06-01-2013, 04:48 AM.

Your post is there, it's just awaiting approval. I'm guessing you haven't posted much so far or something? Chris or Justin will have to approval your post I think.

Comment

Hmm, never had a problem before, been here a while, other posts are fine. Pretty sure it's a bug as the it states that I've posted last?

Not complaining, I know how complicated these things are, just trying to help.

Also the board keeps complaining about the size of images, just tried to post a screenshot of 38k on here and it states that it exceeds the limit?

Comment

• Phill
        Phill commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll give Justin a heads up. Cheers

• reserves
        reserves commented
        Editing a comment
        Many thanks

Has the image threshold has been set too low by mistake?

"Your file of 48119 bytes exceeds the limit of 20000."

20000k is 0.04 mb! Pretty hard to get an image that small :)

Comment

Hey,

Tried to post a new messages, says it has to be approved, already have 2 old posts waiting for approval?

I know new software is tricky but I think this Forum is a danger of becoming underused as the various bugs make it look like no-one is interested in posting.

Would be nice to have some kind of status update :)

Sure you guys have better things to do than work on the forum though!

Rich

Comment

Rich, we're doing the best we can ... limited resources ... thanks for your patience and keep letting me know what's going on.

Comment

• reserves
            reserves commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Justin,

Completely understood, best of luck!

Rich

• Tescot
            Tescot commented
            Editing a comment
            Aloha Justin,
            just an FYI if you haven't already seen it - Several of us are posting issues we have found with the new forums in the "Are we back?" thread.
            Thanks for all your work!
            Mahalo,
            Tescot

Tescot, thanks for your contact, I've been over all of these issues and are working through them, the main one being the forum speed ... i've tried a handful of suggest forum tweaks and none have seemed to work very well. Although the forum doesn't seem that slow to me ... everyone else has brought it up enough where i'm chasing it down. I've got a couple of support tickets out to the forum creators, so i'm hoping they will provide some solutions.

in the meantime, can i get a showing of what issues we're still having?

-speed of forum

-inline photos? are people still having a problem with that?

-who is the like button still not working for? is it working for some of you?

-what else?

Comment

• Phill
            Phill commented
            Editing a comment
            The initial loading of the main forum page is slow to load for me. Once loaded, accessing a thread is quick enough.
            Like buttons still give me a 'you do not have permission to access this page' or something similar.
            No option for signatures as far as I can see.

Cheers!

Phill, i just changed some settings, please sign out and back in to the forum and try the like button again. thanks

Comment

• Phill
            Phill commented
            Editing a comment
            Working! Nice one Justin

here's an inline photo ... is anyone still having issues with this?

Comment

I still can't post images, it stated "Your photo of 273941 bytes exceeds the limit of 100000."

I tried to make the image smaller but still didn't work (though 100k is pretty small these days).

Sorry!

Comment

don't apologize! these are legit concerns, this new software is a bit buggy, but this stuff will get ironed out as 1- you alert me to issues and i figure out what can be done and 2- if these are valid bugs, then they will, without a doubt, get fixed ... a few issues have known resolutions, but we are waiting on them rolling out the next sub version

Comment

No worries, I work as a programmer I know how these things are.

There's still a paging bug, for example

Only shows 15 of 55 posts:

http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/f/...to?view=thread

Shows all 55 posts but this isn't the default view (has to be changed in each users profile, it's not the easiest way to view either)

http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/f/...to?view=stream

Not that it helps much but seems like whichever forum software you're trying to be over complicated, re-loading posts without loading the page is clever but unnecessary really.

Good luck!

Happy to help with testing or whatever

Rich

Comment

This forum is still so buggy, so much so that I'm losing the will to come back. Do you guys have any tech support? I know how hard tech can be but at the moment I can only see the forum going one way, and it's not up!!

Comment

I've been contacted by the support guy, the forum is going to get an update soon :)

Comment

Originally posted by reserves View Post
                      No worries, I work as a programmer I know how these things are.

There's still a paging bug, for example

Only shows 15 of 55 posts:

http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/f/...to?view=thread

Shows all 55 posts but this isn't the default view (has to be changed in each users profile, it's not the easiest way to view either)

http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/f/...to?view=stream

Not that it helps much but seems like whichever forum software you're trying to be over complicated, re-loading posts without loading the page is clever but unnecessary really.

Good luck!

Happy to help with testing or whatever

Rich
                      I found a way around this problem some time back and posted it on another thread somewhere, you just had to toggle the filter (top right of forum page) from "all time" to "week: and then back and you would get a number of pages rather than just one showing the first 15 or so. The problem seems to be fixed now...but remember this trick just in case!

I have another issue. Seems we can't edit our signature lines, it is there when you mouse over the pen quill symbol just underneath the poster's avatar but when I tried to edit mine I received a message saying this feature was disabled by the administrator. Any fix coming for this?

Comment

• Phill
                        Phill commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You can edit if in your profile. I did mine the other day. Though I haven't figured out how to view/display them yet!
                    Working...
                    X