Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As Taj said "stay tuned!" there is also a face book page...when I click on the website it takes me to the surfstitch page for the kit.

From the video, it looks like you get more than one application out of the kit - or is that wishful thinking? Anyone know how many applications you get out of a kit?

Both my Hellfire and Spitfire came nanotuned and I think in the case of the Hellfire it did make a difference...but I'm thinking it is wearing off now a little, when I took it out the other day I just got too many closeouts and maybe I'm looking for something to blame! It still went well on anything that didn't closeout - probably just one of those days. Doesn't seem to "slip" through the water like I first noticed, could be me or maybe the nanotune is wearing off, might just have to retune and see if I can notice the difference.

Had waist to head high waves on Saturday a really nice left hand peak that ran off down the beach - 3 hours of backhand attack on the spitfire, it seemed to be on steroids, got that squirt acceleration working off the bottom up into the lip, vertical or float and fly down the line getting at least 3 good turns on every wave some even 4. It's still pretty new so perhaps the nanotune is helping or just the waves had a really great shape. I think I'll buy the kit and experiment on some boards that don't have it and see if I can tell the difference (a bit hard to be sure unless I could apply it mid surf), but if I had a repeatable test lab wave like Iggy's river wave it might be a bit more measurable. Even so I think I can say I notice the board slips over/through the water better, compared with my dom that didn't have nanotune.

Comment

Up to 10 uses or boards from a kit apparently.

Comment

yes I saw that on the packaging when I used the mouse over zoom, just never got back here to answer my own question....$4 an application, not too bad I suppose

Comment

yeah they are currently in the middle of preparing for their retail launch so there will be more news and media surrounding the brand as they make a retail push...
          cheers

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_8UWGr43Uc

Comment

just ordered some, should be here Monday. I've bought stuff from SurfStitch before and they are usually quick.

Comment

is it available in the usa yet??? if not when?? my new board didn't come tuned!

Comment

SurfStitch will ship to the US http://www.surfstitch.com/info/International_Delivery but at AU$19.99 you might want to order a couple to make it worthwhile.

Here is the product page again http://www.surfstitch.com/product/na...ning-kit-white

and I have no vested interest in this merchant :-) I'm thinking if you wait for the release in the US it might be cheaper, just a guess: around the same price and without shipping cost.

Comment

I ordered some from there too a couple of days ago. Tracking says ill get it Monday too. I'll be shocked if it comes that quick...

Comment

Got the Nanotune stuff today. Was surprised to see that it recommends being left over night before using a board in order to get the best results. I was under the impression from the TB video that it was a spray on a go type of deal.
                      With the application process I wonder how much of it you end up wiping back off and because of that how many layers you'd need to build up to get a solid coat on there.
                      Fingers crossed there's a noticeable difference with the stuff!

Comment

like with skis and waxing the night before you ski, do the same with your nano tune...

Comment

chris my razor didn't come tuned.. it also still had stickers on regarding the taj pro and taj's boards when explaining y it doesn't come with a plug.. could my board been sitting around a bit and thats y it didn't come tuned? i just picked it up last week.. since taj hasnt been a team rider for a couple months now could this be the case?

Comment

nahh it didn't sit around, it was actually part of the last shipment before we began to apply the nano tune to all boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                              nahh it didn't sit around, it was actually part of the last shipment before we began to apply the nano tune to all boards.
                              thanks

Comment

Applied the nanotune to my 6'8" Aloha AF2 can't wait to try it when the swell comes up.

Does anyone know if the pre-tune contains solvent (or the nano-tune 2nd bottle for that matter)? From the smell, it made me wonder if it was a good idea to apply over spray or paint jobs.

Comment

Working...
                                X