Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do all new boards have it?

Comment

Originally posted by Slowman View Post
      Applied the nanotune to my 6'8" Aloha AF2 can't wait to try it when the swell comes up.

Does anyone know if the pre-tune contains solvent (or the nano-tune 2nd bottle for that matter)? From the smell, it made me wonder if it was a good idea to apply over spray or paint jobs.
      The speed coating is in a rubbing alcohol so that it evaporates quickly, that's what that horrible smell is! I've tried it on my CBD. Board feels very fast and smooth in the water but it did without it, possibly enhanced by the Nano, will have to wait for good conditions to have better feedback.

My worry with new boards shipping with it, and then people not wanting to pay to retune, they might start feeling like "yeah my firewire was amazing when I bought it, went insane for a few months and then started feeling slower and a bit dead...". I don't know if that's realistic or not, but just something that came to mind.

Comment

Hey PRJ how much of a difference oes it makes??. Enough for us mortals to feel it?

Comment

Hard to say at this point. Haven't had the waves and that CBD felt so magic anyway.
          Next time I take the Sub out I'll have a better idea. More familiar with that board.

Comment

Ok my 6-3 Activator just got to me with the Nanotune Coating. thet do not have any retune kits, where can I order these from?

Comment

I think surf stitch is the only place currently.

Comment

Yeah thanks PRJ.

Folks surf stitch is the place to buy it right now but that will change as we get into June/July/August.

Cheers.

Comment

http://distilleryimage8.instagram.co...380fe523_7.jpg
                  Nanotuned!!
                  Last edited by Phill; 05-21-2012, 02:42 PM.

Comment

sik

Comment

nice shot

Comment

PRJWebb NaNotuned... hmmmm, strange, I just got my Activator with the Nanotune sticker on it and the water is not beading like that at all. Maybe they missed my board.

Comment

Bigger drops run off, fine drops bead up. That was sprayed with the hose while stood on its tail.

Comment

Any info regarding this stuff making it to retail? Seems like surfstitch isn't even selling it anymore?

Comment

PRJ,

Surfstitch still have it http://www.surfstitch.com/product/na...ning-kit-white

Comment

I just get an error. Must be down to the euro store.

Comment

Working...
                                X