X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NaNOTUNE?

Anyone try this out yet? is that like astro glide? LOL.. Is it approved for EPoxy resins?
    anything to slide faster. I usually rinse with fresh water and wipe down my boards.

its going to ship on boards shortly i believe...so we are safe re the resin...been used lately on aussie surf club boards and skis...they are epoxy, so definitely doesn't turn the board into a pool of steaming acid...!!..as i understand it, it changes the way water attaches to the board...from there i think you need to be a chemist to understand it..!!
    Last edited by core personal training; 02-19-2012, 09:24 PM. Reason: kant spel good

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7is6r6zXFDc

Comment

Yeah nanotech such as this uses water's high surface tension properties to its advantage. By creating a substance that rejects water on the MOLECULAR level and applying it to a flat surface such as a surfboard or a boat, you are left with something that water (and other water based liquids) will bead right off. If water wants nothing to do with a surface, then you reduce drag quite a bit. think of how much quicker a drop of water falls off of a windshield treated with rainx versus a window without it. Because water has high surface tension, it REALLLY pulls itself away from anything that is hydrophobic.

Comment

Mental looking stuff and a really cool innovation combining it with surfboards. Would be intrigued to see a wetsuit covered in it.

Comment

Wet suit covered in it, now that is interesting.

Isnt Rain-x a similar product? (for your cars windsheild)

Comment

My Patagonia rain jacket does the same thing. Can be annoying though. The water beads straight off so my trousers get wet and i look like i peed myself. Are the re-tuning kits good for any board? or can they only be used on a board originally sold with the tech?

Comment

http://surf.transworld.net/100014342...with-nanotune/

"The super-hydrophobic NanoTune properties remain effective for approximately 2-3 months depending on usage, and the product can be reapplied in minutes in a simple 2-step application process. Over the course of the next few months NanoTune will make Re-Tuning Kits available at retail so that surfers who would like to keep their boards NanoTuned will be able to do so themselves."
                Last edited by iggy; 02-23-2012, 08:13 AM.

Comment

no retuning kits can be used on ANY board....

think of it like ski wax. wears off over time!

Comment

Sweet!!

Comment

The video posted above made my eyes bug out. Chocolate syrup on a white tennis shoe leaving no marks at all - cool! (I have kids, so this is REALLY cool.)

Comment

With all this new tech we really have no excuse for poor surfing anymore. I should sell my firewires and get some old pu boards. At least then I can blame my gear when I blow a turn.

Comment

Just came across NanoTune Re-Tune Kits for those interested in Oz that want to apply it to their old boards........available here http://www.surfstitch.com/product/na...ning-kit-white

Comment

haha saxman good stuff....

fazza thanks for the link.

I personally like the stuff. A bit faster and sleeker!!

Comment

Any news on when the NanoTune retune kits will be available at FW dealers across the globe? Are you guys going to be distributing it with the boards or will it be down to the shops to source and stock the kits? I just missed out on my board being 'Tuned' and wouldn't mind giving the stuff a shot when it's available!

Comment

Working...
                              X