Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it better to have your board in a sock? or a bag? Just curious as I wonder if the breath ability of a sock is better. Not sure.

Comment

I don't use either unless I'm getting on a plane or I had to strap onto a car roof. The joys of not having to worry about denting boards just by looking at them anymore!

Comment

Yeah, it is pretty nice not having to worry about that with these boards.

Comment

If I was somewhere sunny I'd probably use a sock to keep it whiter for longer but it's not so much of an issue here. I usually keep my boards in my travel bag stored away unless the waves are up and then they'll will just be stood up in the corner ready to slip in the car.

Comment

I use a sock mainly cause mine go on the roof racks & every time I buy a bag the bloody zipper rusts up or cacks itself after a few months!

Comment

I use both a bag and sock as my quiver is carried around along with my friends quiver in the back of a truck rambling down rocky 4X4 roads alot. Extra protection from the bouncing, banging and insulation against sun heat.

Comment

Make sure you put your Firewire in a safe place when the local scrub horse comes around looking for food, nipping at your board bag, taking a nice bite out of the tail and dragging it around.

Comment

Yeah you know what helps too, I drive on highways in trucks a lot, but I take a tension strap tie down and snug three boards together to keep them from moving around or flying out...

Comment

Attachment
                    Attached Files

Comment

Forget picking up hitch-hikers to ride in the back with your boards, the Hippie-Wanna-Be TROG's always manage to step or fall on your boards. Especially if they are high on everything but life itself. Remind them to get a JOB.

Comment

that;s a good little sign Fritz...

Comment

Originally posted by Fritzkat View Post
                          Doesn't that change depending on the colour of the car?. Good reference though.Thanks for posting
                          Attached Files

Comment

i would imagine. I am sure, given it has to do with animals, that this is the worst case scenario.

Comment

Working...
                            X