X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Wire Board care and ideas

Blog to take care of your boards and make them last a long time. Chime in and add it to this list see what ideas come up. will add as time and Ideas go on to the list.

STORAGE:
    *Dont stack heavy object on your board like stacks of other boards. Make sure yours is on the top of any pile.
    *Do not leave inside a hot car or truck bed, roll windows down a bit. Treat as if it were a living animal, better yet if worried about theft, leave windows down lower with a large frothing wolfish yellow eyed dog.
    *Do not store at the top of your ceiling or attic near the hot roof, consistant hot tempreatures will cause yellowing of any board PU or EPS and premature decay of the composite materials.
    *Dont let non-surfing wife handle board at any time, especially if you forgot to take out the trash.
    *Dont leave at girlfriends house if you plan to break up with her or cheat on her.

TRANSPORTING:
    *Pack the boards in the car & "close" the boot/hatch lid "yourself". I have a mate who seems to love slamming the focus's hatch lid down on your poor unsuspecting boards tail!
    *Make sure you put your Firewire in a safe place when the local scrub horse comes around looking for food, nipping at your board bag, taking a nice bite out of the tail and dragging it around.

SURF RACKS
    *Dont be the Board on top where the strap cuts into your board, and the sun heats your board bag, always have a scrapper board, a friends PU board, a soft top board, or extra padding on top. Even take consideration on padding your board on the bottom.
    *Dont forget your board will be subject to 100+ mph winds if driving at 60 mph with a head wind of 40 mph or passing trucks in traffic with it flexing in the winds and bending on the racks/straps that could cause premature decay of the structure of the board, its better to keep inside covered in the bed of your truck or SUV if possible.
    *Dont forget your board will have direct sunlight beaming on it Especially if it is on top, even White or silver boardbags will retain heat possibly reaching over its 150 degree limits in HOT SUN
    *Dont let your mate tie down the boards, they might forget.

BOARDBAGS
    *Wax will build up and stick to the bottom of the board. Try to keep out of sun and consitantly pack board with same sides of the sock/bag on the wax side.
    -Socks
    *wont save your board from dings, Wax will build up, try wash them once in a while like your mangy shorts and try to keep out of sun.
    -Travel Bags
    *Dont forget your board will have direct sunlight beaming on it Especially if it is on top, even White or silver boardbags will retain heat possibly reaching over its 150 degree limits in HOT SUN sitting on the HOT TARMAC while being loaded onto Airplanes. You may want to keep your board clean and use a sock inside the bag, but adds extra weight.

CLEANING:
    *Wash down board with fresh water after use, wipe down dry cloth or towel
    *wash out fin boxes.
    *Rubbing alcohol on wiping rag to clean the bottom and rails
    *lightly sand with 300 grit sandpaper
    *NaNotune

REPAIRS:
    *Stop Running over body boarders, they make fun targets but will ding your board none the less
    *dont let drunk friends molest your board" they love to try and pinch their fingers into the boards flesh to see if the rails are soft while the tails is on the ground grinding in the sand and rocks. Telling you how much they like the board and want you to let them ride it.
    *dont leave your board on the ground, forgetting where you put it, and drive over it with your car.

Attachment
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Fritzkat; 06-29-2012, 05:15 PM.

add: Stop Running over body boarders, they make fun targets but will ding your board none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by Fritzkat View Post
      add: Stop Running over body boarders, they make fun targets but will ding your board none the less.

But it is so much fun.

Comment

speed bumps

Comment

Ha funny core. I used to be a body boarder before I started surfing.

Fritz, thanks for that post. Great stuff!

Comment

shark biscuits
            esky lids
            trough lollies

sort of another topic, but who's got more???
            onya fritz...top stuff
            geez chris, dont admit that...!!!

Comment

Ha me too Chris. I think it's a good way to learn to read the waves, line up positioning and of course etiquette without being too much of a danger or in danger to/by others.
              Certainly made it easier when starting surfing to know where to sit, what waves to paddle for etc which gave me an advantage over my mates who didn't have that experience that were learning at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by core personal training View Post
                shark biscuits
                esky lids
                trough lollies

sort of another topic, but who's got more???

onya fritz...top stuff
                geez chris, dont admit that...!!!
                McDonalds Trays
                Dick Draggers
                Kids on Lids
                Boogies

Off topic are we

Comment

sponge'rs
                  tummy trogs

Comment

Just to get us back on track, I find its a good idea if you pack the boards in the car & close the boot/hatch lid yourself. I have a mate who seems to love slamming the focus's hatch lid down on your poor unsuspecting boards tail! OUCH!!!

Comment

I know the feeling surf gumby

Comment

Boogie boarders = tea bags.

My routine is keep boards in board bags, avoid bumping on hard surfaces, keep waxed side consistent in board bag, take to beach in car unless it's a long trip with wife and child and other holiday baggage in which case it goes on the roof still in board bag, don't do reos onto the sand, rinse off after a surf and straight back in board bag, let kooks who are dropping in and obviously going straight or other feets of kookdom have the wave - no point being in the right and having said drop in kook ding your favourite board,don't leave in car in sun for extended periods. That's about it.

Comment

I'm the same buzzy but no bag or wife or kid.

Comment

add " dont let drunk friends molest your board" they love to try and pinch their fingers into the boards flesh to see if the rails are soft while the tails is on the ground grinding in the sand and rocks.

Comment

ha that is a fun thing to have happen Fritz!

Comment

Working...
                              X