X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Messaging

It needs to be easier to PM another forum member. Any reason why you need to have a certain number of posts before this option becomes available? I'm having problems contacting STC67 without putting personal info up on a public forum that I would prefer was not there. I can't receive PM's either...........at least I don't think I can??

No answer to this?
    It is a good question...

Comment

It stops spambots being able to sign up and flood everyone's PM inboxes with spam.
      I'm not sure how many posts you need before you can PM, maybe it can be dropped.

Comment

I'd support the idea of dropping it.
        There are suggestions to PM someone about a specific topic off-thread and for a lot of people this isn't possible...

Comment

double post...
          Last edited by Jase; 01-22-2013, 05:01 PM. Reason: double post (not trying to get post count uo!)

Comment

I'll shoot Justin and Chris an email and see what they think about lowering the post requirement to 5 or 10. If it's too low it's easy for a spambot to come on, spam the board and then spam all of the users. I think Justin has got it set up pretty solid for keeping the bots out now though.

Comment

If it not possible you can always exchange emails...though I would not put the email up in plain text as it used, something like usernameatdomaindotcomdotcountrysuffix

Comment

Thanks guys. Not a big deal, just trying to add my 2c to improve the forum...

Comment

Working...
                X