X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer service feedback

Just wanted to share a bit of customer service experience because I think it shows how much further Firewire go than other companies to look after customers.

So, I pre-ordered a Mini Driver when they were first announced. It was originally planned to have been on the shipment that just arrived this week, but because demand has been high at the factory this shipment ended up being limited to current models and keeping stock levels up at dealers, the Mini Drivers were going to be on the next shipment due in November.
    Anyway, dealers where notified but I hadn't been in touch with them so it wasn't until 2 days ago when I emailed to check in on the shipments ETA that I found out. Needless to say I was a bit bummed.
    Well, turns out that Mark Price was heading to the UK for a visit the following day so he very kindly slipped a Mini Driver into his board bag from the US and is bringing it to my dealer and even meeting for a coffee on route tomorrow. So stoked and very impressed with the level of customer care.
    Huge thanks to Mark and the rest of the crew!!

Its was brilliant for FW to come out with a forum.

Its odd that others don't follow suite.

At any rate, it was a great biz decision. I know that my questions or concerns will be taken care of by FW, weather pre or post sales.

Funny story;

I was visiting this shaper in San Clemente back on 2000.

We were talking about what I would like when seeing this channeled out board, it looked very cool. Like 6 channels!

When asking about getting one shaped like it, his reply was "Bro, this board is not for you, rippers only. Its my business card and I can't risk it being surfed by just any one".

Needless to say, I have never surfed his boards again.

I don't think he survived the Clark debacle either.

Comment

Nev did the same thing for me once Phil...cant ask for more than that !! Above and beyond !!

Comment

Originally posted by FW - Fan View Post
        Nev did the same thing for me once Phil...cant ask for more than that !! Above and beyond !!
        Yes good to see. I'm guessing most people would do the same for you in the same circumstances, those unwilling to, are out of touch with their raison d'etre.

Originally posted by aurfalien View Post
        I was visiting this shaper in San Clemente back on 2000.

We were talking about what I would like when seeing this channeled out board, it looked very cool. Like 6 channels!

When asking about getting one shaped like it, his reply was "Bro, this board is not for you, rippers only. Its my business card and I can't risk it being surfed by just any one". ...
        Bad marketing strategy, let alone personal skills. More people riding your boards is the best advertising. Surely he could make some adjustments for a more user friendly version if it were that unforgiving. I guess that is the difference between a shaper and a designer.

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
          Just wanted to share a bit of customer service experience because I think it shows how much further Firewire go than other companies to look after customers.

So, I pre-ordered a Mini Driver when they were first announced. It was originally planned to have been on the shipment that just arrived this week, but because demand has been high at the factory this shipment ended up being limited to current models and keeping stock levels up at dealers, the Mini Drivers were going to be on the next shipment due in November.
          Anyway, dealers where notified but I hadn't been in touch with them so it wasn't until 2 days ago when I emailed to check in on the shipments ETA that I found out. Needless to say I was a bit bummed.
          Well, turns out that Mark Price was heading to the UK for a visit the following day so he very kindly slipped a Mini Driver into his board bag from the US and is bringing it to my dealer and even meeting for a coffee on route tomorrow. So stoked and very impressed with the level of customer care.
          Huge thanks to Mark and the rest of the crew!!
          Buddy that shows how much attention to detail FW has, from the CEO all the way down. They not only have a solid product but the proper customer service to back it up!!!. Pretty stoked for ya PRJ, lets see some shots with Mr Price himself and the board!!
          Will be hard to believe we will ever see any of them up here jejejeej!!!!

Comment

I'm hoping he'll have the Tomo proto with him but we'll see!

Comment

Buddy get some inside scoop!!!! I'm REAAAAAALLY curious about that one!

Comment

Had a good chat with Myles and Mark, very cool guys. Got to check out Mark's baby, the Tomo prototype. That thing is nuts. Next year is going to be very interesting, start saving!

Comment

Pics??

Comment

Didn't get any pics I'm afraid. Was too busy chatting and Mark and Myles had a busy day ahead of them so couldn't keep them for too long.

This shot gives you an idea of how crazy that board is though! Just doesn't seem surfable!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...87187036_n.jpg

Comment

Pretty unique indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                        Didn't get any pics I'm afraid. Was too busy chatting and Mark and Myles had a busy day ahead of them so couldn't keep them for too long.

This shot gives you an idea of how crazy that board is though! Just doesn't seem surfable!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...87187036_n.jpg
                        Looks similar to the death star Stu Kennedy rode out at Trestles. They look more like a funky wakeboard than a surfboard. Everything you know about volume, length and surface area is wrong! Apparently Tom Curren is riding them too.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowman View Post
                          Looks similar to the death star Stu Kennedy rode out at Trestles. They look more like a funky wakeboard than a surfboard. Everything you know about volume, length and surface area is wrong! Apparently Tom Curren is riding them too.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g4MaV4mnCI

Comment

That thing looks scary and wrong for so many reasons.....cant get my head around it.

Comment

good that these stories of service are on here for all to read...having been looked after by Nev since the dark ages.. (including rush jobs while the tour was in town)..(try that with the other big name shapers), it was a given that firewire would use a professional business model thats totally new to the surf industry...it doesn't hurt having mark price at the helm either...and chuy and the guys in OZ etc...and of course, last but not least, your forum leader chris..........

this message brought to you by
                              the FIREWIRE DEPARTMENT of PROPAGANDA...

Comment

Working...
                              X