X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oahu warehouse?

is there a master dealer or warehouse i can go to on oahu? need to be able feel up and purchase any model i want, also need to know when new models are on island.

also need to feel up the vanguard in person.

Comment

Originally posted by nsjoel808 View Post
      is there a master dealer or warehouse i can go to on oahu? need to be able feel up and purchase any model i want, also need to know when new models are on island.
      Glad you posted that nsjoel808. Been having a hard time getting Firewires here on Kauai.We have two shops that bring them in, but you have to put in a request with the shop when they put in the order and that apparently doesn't guarantee your board makes it. I hope they have a warehouse on Oahu, but I haven't heard that they do. I know they have a sales rep that services Hawaii. Hopefully we can get boards that way!! On Oahu, the best selection I seen was at Tropical Blends in Kakaako off Ward, but prices are on the high end, no dealing there!!

Comment

The best place and price to shop for Firewire boards on Oahu is Rip Curl Ala Moana. Second would be Local Motion Stabl on Kapiolani next to 24 Hour Fitness. All the other surf shops charge waaaaay toooooo much!!! If Rip Curl does not have the board you want, they will call the rep and will check stock or other surf stores that may have it. If nothing on island, then an order will be placed.

Comment

thanks for the tip

Comment

Tropical Blends seems to have the largest inventory of boards on Oahu.

Comment

Hey Folks,
              The number of boards in a shop, really is up to the dealer. If they want a large inventory, the truth is, they are welcome to order it. If everyone stocked 100 boards we would be stoked, but inventory has to obviously reflect other aspects of the shop's business model. Not every store can have every board. Its an unfortunate truth...

Cheers

Comment

Was in town today looking for tropical blends and I couldn't find it., siri and a bunch of others all pointed in different directions. I drove in circles, got pissed and left. Is it by the ufc gym?

Comment

Originally posted by nsjoel808 View Post
                  Was in town today looking for tropical blends and I couldn't find it., siri and a bunch of others all pointed in different directions. I drove in circles, got pissed and left. Is it by the ufc gym?
                  that happened to me too. It is right across from UFC. It's actually a better location--there's parking stalls now! Firewire stock was limited this time. Maybe Local Motion Stabl will have more or same amt of boards.

Comment

So it is in that little ally right across from ufc? there is parking in there? I drove by that like 5 times. they are too cool for a sign? lol... they have demos there? how does that work and how much?? thx

Comment

nsjoel, they have a sign but u have to be looking for it to actually see it if that makes sense haha. In any case, drive slow and you will definitely see it.

I didn't notice any demos and I didn't ask. If you are looking for the latest boards, they don't have them yet. I would actually recommend Stabl as a place to demo boards. Last I checked, it was $25 a day. Call them for the latest prices.

ALOHA!!

Comment

howzit. it is directly across the UFC gym. I met the rep a couple weeks ago. His name is Will. Pretty cool guy. I'll ask if i can post his contact info. Basically he can bring in what u want or order it for u, but i think u gotta pick up thru a store. Also, the reason why they seem not to want to order boards is because of the shipping. if u r willing to pay the cost for ur board, it cud cost around a $100, otherwise u gotta wait for 5 boards to b ordered to get it shipped. i was asked if i wanted to order the unibrow, so i guess right now wud b a good time cue they got some coming in within 12 weeks. or u cud wait till june.

Comment

Hey Guys,
                          I have asked Will to comment and help as he can.

Cheers

Comment

That would be awesome Chris. Since there is only one Firewire "rep" servicing the whole island, I know that all the shops contact him when a customer wants a certain board. For the guys who know what boards they want exactly it would be nice to be able to speak with him directly as opposed to through the shops only.

Comment

I found out that boards r coming this week. so contact ur shop to see if they will carry the size u want, cus i think different sizes will b at different shops. there is also an early surprise coming in. I was lead to believe that this wasn't going to b available till later, but i was told its coming on the next shipment.

Comment

Working...
                              X