Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Taj

Hi

I ordered a custom Taj through my local shop that long ago I could probably take it to the Antiques Road Show with my family treasures if it turns up?

I ordered this for a dream once in a life time trip to the magical Mentawais this April, with this being now less then 3 monts away I have doubts if this mythical board is ever going to show!!!!! Is there any way I can trace this board? I keep pestering the guy from said shop, but he is not instilling me with confidence telling me it might turn up in his next shipment, which is his last order before i go away! With so little to choose from with Firewire stocks been so low in the UK, I may have to do the unthinkable and order a PU board which I haven't done in 5 years of enjoying such a good products from Firewire. However on a 5000+ surf trip I would be gutted to rock up with just the one board. HELP PLEASE?

Many thanks for any help in advance! Sunny

You ordered through a surf shop and not through the CBD on the website?
    The next big shipment in the UK is May but there's another small shipment coming in early March I believe.
    What's the spec of your board!

Comment

The owner of the shop sent the order of I emailed the dimmensions from CBD to him he did the rest well he better have done?.The spec is 6,2 X19X2.1/2 round tail.

Comment

Thing is the CBD isn't available outside of USA, Aus and I think Japan currently.
        I'd email [email protected] with the name of the dealer the order was placed through, the date the order was placed and your name and a receipt for your deposit if you've paid one and I'm sure he'll look into it and find out what's going on.

Comment

If thats Chris off this site? I sent a message direct to him weeks ago? (well so I thought) I clicked on his profile and sent message, if it was the right Chris? and the correct way to get intouch direct? As for CBD been avaliable in UK I have been told by the other main stockest of Firewire, it is avaliable but he has never placed an order as it takes too long, (No s##t!) and its very expensive hence the reason nobody does it? unless im just been told porkies by both shops?
          Well I suppose there isnt much anybody can do, as if it is coming it probably will be on a ship as we speak, if not I will have to make other arrangments with what little time I have left to get a board. Would have been a whole load better if some one could say yes its coming, (not bothered when as long as it was before trip) or no its not, to give me enough time to buy another board.
          Rant over haha thanks for help prjwebb.

Comment

Hey Sunny,
            not sure I got your message in my forum inbox.

Also I have not been communicated with by any UK shops regarding an order, but why don't you email me directly. When you do, include some kind of order notification if you have any, or pass along any email correspondence you have surrounding the order.

Please use my email address:

[email protected]

Thanks and I'll do whatever I can to get you some answers.

Comment

Good news board turned up last thursday. First of all i want give a big thanks to all that helped get this board to me. When i first opened this board it wasnt anything like i exspected, lots of volume at first glance i was gutted? It became, the more i looked at it the wourse i felt about it. That night i got my 6"2 alt out and my 6"4 Taj, i couldn't believe what i was looking at, it wasn't any thing like the Taj, it was instead more like a fat version of my Alt? Any way after what i had been through to get this thing the least i can do is surf it. So after talking my bro into taking my new 5"10 Hellfire out, we went to our local break to brave the typical 2 feet onshore north sea conditions to test drive both boards. Paddling out was easy on this bus (it says 30.7 litres, but it has to be more?) I sat out back, the first, a wave came, i easy paddled into it and the board flew, it turned so sharp, as well keeping the speed through turns, it me caught off gaurd a little! The second wave was even better, i flew past my brother who after paddling back out too, commented on how much speed the board had even striaght out of the turn. I was smiling from ear to ear. Even if at first glance, it seemed i needed the powers of Shallow Hal to see this big birds true beauty i didnt care it felt great under foot! Not that it matters now but i will put some pics up to show you the difference in size.

After a couple of waves we swapped boards so i could try my other weapon the 5"10 Hellfire, i use to have the 6"0 Hellfire and was suprised how easy this thing paddled compared to the 6"0. I was a little concerned this was going to be alittle under sized? Although i have dropped a stone in weight i could have easy have surfed this at 90 kg, even with my winter gear on, it was such a easy going board - I loved it. The best part is it can only get better, come April when i shed my winter woolies and head for the sunny shores of the Mentiaiws.

Now for the bad bit i was told buy the shop i purchased the board through, that i dont get fins with the custom order? Even after paying extra 100 for a custom order, total price of which was 669! That means even with a basic set of fins the total cost of this board is 730?! I know i am a tight yorkshire man, but even after buying 7 Firewire boards in the last 3years i find this a little exspensive? Even my Alt came with PC5 last year.
              If this is the case then fair enough but my advice to any body thinking of going down the custom road, would be save to your money and buy the Bourez model at 560?

A BIG THANKS again to all that helped at FireWire to get this board to me, my flat cap comes of to you all!

Many thanks Sunny

Comment

Hey Sunny, I heard you got your board. I got mine on Friday too. There's more volume in these newer Tajs for sure. Less dome in the deck and fuller rails. I'm happy about that though as I wanted a more versatile board not a perfect wave shredder.
                Taking mine out for its first surf in a couple of hours. Will report back!

Comment

Working...
                X