X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does an order take?

Hey guys want to order a hellrazor 2. I know they are special order, how long do they take from ordering to delivery? Cheers

Used to be 8-12 weeks. Depends where you are though. UK could be longer, US could be less if it's in warehouse inventory.

Comment

Shit. That's a long time. Was so keen on HR2 but might have to rethink if it is going to take that long. Devo :(

Comment

I'm in Sydney by the way. If that helps

Comment

I ordered a non-custom spitfire (although in grom dimensions) in early May and they originally told me it wouldn't arrive until late August. Which is about 14weeks. They told me the current orders were filled so I'm guessing mine was being made in the next lot. I felt it is a staggering long amount of time to wait too..

I live in Perth

Comment

yeah way to long in my opinion, its all computerized its not like they are handshaping from scratch. I actually think firewire in australia could do a lot more to make their boards more readily available to the public. most surf shops that stock firewire boards only have a select few models maybe 5-6 at the most, and of those only a couple of sizes . For me i find it very difficult to buy a board online. i like to be able to feel a board before i splash out $1000 for it. i love these boards and i think it would be sweet if they opened a warehouse in each capital city at least, where you can view each model board. Anyway thats my little rant. think ill have to search for a stock model.

Comment

I hear you. I just got a unibrow. Ideally I wanted a nano, but waiting till September is a joke. How are people all over the world riding these boards and I can't even see one?

Comment

I have seen two girls using timberteks at my local break. Perhaps I would see more if firewire upped their game! Haha :D. I did tell the reps that I could hand shape two boards myself in that time but no dice. Since I'll be waiting so long maybe I will !

Comment

just went to order the HR2, was told it was going to be the end of sept till it arrived! that is the biggest joke, come on firewire you have to do better than that. so i changed my mind and asked to get a v4, well that was going to be up to 12 weeks as well. WTF. why ? can someone please explain to me why this takes so long?its so frustrating! i love these boards but think i might bail on them if i cant find the models i would like to see. opinions and answers very welcome

Comment

Yeah.. it's pretty disappointing. As a comparison when i ordered my Channel Islands board it took about 7 weeks. They started making it from when i gave the order, and kept me up to date on the status of my order. It was made and glassed in Australia on the East Coast so they would have have taken a smaller slice from my order.

What is the point of having a large international dedicated factory if it takes longer and is just as expensive as other premium brands who still have their boards made locally?

Not to discourage the great work that is coming out from FireWire but it would be nice if they could keep up with the output of local shapers or even other premium brands

Comment

• Danexile
                      Danexile commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Good point. And you're right, they are made in Thailand to reduce costs. But those reductions in cost are not passed onto the consumers in Australia. Local shapers that I know of make computer cuts & others handshape for $700. Vern Jackson for example will do a custom model for you after consultation via email. Computer cut then finished by hand with free shipping for under $700 and delivered to your door in two weeks. Plus a PU board is easy to fix yourself or cheap to havd a local shaper fix for you. And all profits stay in local area.
                      Last edited by Danexile; 07-24-2014, 03:24 PM.

A bit of planning, get an order in early and wait it out. My board purchases are usually thought out rather than spur of the moment decisions so I don't mind hanging on. Even getting boards made locally here I've been waiting 2-4months. I try and order a board a season before I really need it.

Comment

Yeah, I'm don't think I could ever plan that far ahead, I don't mind waiting 6-7 weeks, would still like a warehouse somewhere you can look at all the models, maybe firewire could look into that. I called nearly every store that stocks firewire a on the east coast of Australia yesterday. And still could not find the board I was after. So have to either wait the 3 months or settle for something I'm not as keen on. Disappointing, just the way it is I guess.

Comment

• Phill
                        Phill commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It is a shame. Do they not carry much stock in Aus or do they just sell really quick? Does the head office on the goldie not have inventory any more?

apparently the goldie must not have too much, not real sure, all i know is they dont have the sizes im after. not going to dwell to hard on it, just keep searching or bite the bullet and wait.

Comment

Daco,

Have you tried calling FW in Currumbin yet and asking them directly on how long until the HZ2 will be. I have had a 601 HZ2 on order for a few months and have been told it will be here around beginning of July. It may be worth asking them if there are any extras coming in at the same time???

Comment

I haven't called them directly. But the boys at the local shop gave them a call and they said it would be 3 months or so. I'll give them a call just to be sure

Comment

Working...
                          X