Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avrmFSrWH0Y

Comment

I think that is hilarious...as if all of the pros are going to say it sucks...of course they will say its great...they get paid to. I have numerous DVD's of a handful of the very same pros talk about how glass ons are the only way to go. Lets be abundantly clear..this is a marketing attempt to create a new system that is not as easily copied as the old system. There is very little downside in using a key versus snapping one out with your hands. Sorry, but that just made me laugh.

Comment

The Origin system that looks like the Powerbase concept taken up a level looks good.
        As for the FCSII, have a longer section of the fin in the box is going to improve the base stiffness, it's just going to come down to whether the QC and tolerances are tight enough in the manufacturing process to keep the fit really snug because if there's any play I'm guessing you'll have some movement with no way of tightening.

Also what about wear and tear? Ok for pros changing boards on a regular basis but for the consumer keeping the same board for a number of years it needs to be able to last.

I agree with Fan, this new system is all about stopping the number of cheaper copies. I'm betting that not only have they patented the plug this time but also the design of the fin base which fits into it. The whole FCS marketing over the last few years has been all about identifying 'Genuine FCS'.
        Last edited by Phill; 03-24-2013, 04:44 AM.

Comment

To be honest, I would just as soon go back to the new original version of FCS - without movement fore and aft - before taking up the new version.
          I do think however that it could be -from some people- at odds to suggest that you would have to be a pro to notice a difference of less than 0.5 to 1 litre difference in volume but that a fin that sits 0.5mm away from the board is a massive issue even if your highest performance board is a spitfire. ( I actually don't think anyone has done that. Just want to create more discussion really)

Comment

PRJ and Sarge.. at different points but your very valid views confirm that Futures has an advantage over FCS. Hell, even FCS say its a positive to have more of the fin base in the board...smacks of desperation to me . Macquarie Bank owns FCS (or Surf Hardware Int) so the marketing machine with the sole aim of protecting market share will be scrambling.

Comment

Yeah i like the look of Futures. Haven't had a chance to try them yet. Next board for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                Yeah i like the look of Futures. Haven't had a chance to try them yet. Next board for sure.
                @prjwebb,
                Futures are pretty good. I wish they had a wide selection like FCS though. Only negative is when they started using I-beam technology, water collects and stays with the fin in the fin box causing the screws to often rust. If you take your fins out after session, it's not a problem.

ALOHA!!
                Last edited by hawaii_boi; 03-24-2013, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Hi guys, I'm looking for a new board or two and thinking of buying Firewire again. Is there any info on when boards with the new fin system(s) will be available in Europe? Thanks

Comment

• Phill
                    Phill commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I spoke to Chris about this at the start of the week. He said that limited boards will be trickling out with the new system but that it wouldn't be a full switch over until it gains a little more traction in the market place. If you are set on the new system I'd request it on a special order.
                    Double check with Chris or Myles first though.

Thanks for the info, I'll probably hold off on buying new boards until there's more feedback.

Comment

I was told that the new FCS II system is out. Is Firewire shipping these now or is it a custom order? Thanks.

Comment

when can i get a chubby chedda in the fcs II?

Comment

Anyone know if Firewire are making FCS II the standard FCS fit for new boards? I ordered a Unibrow the other day, and I'm wondering if it will come with FCS II...

Comment

In 2014, Firewire will be building a high percentage (meaning most) of FCS boards with FCSII boxes. That being said, orders already placed and those placed in the future, if there is an FCS preference one way or the other, would need specification. Because there are not a lot of boards with FCSII yet, I am 95% certain that your order will be filled with a board that has FCS fusion plugs. If you want to change your order, you should communicate with the shop you bought it from as soon as possible. Changing the order will, however, carry with it a longer wait than the quote you currently have.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Thanks, Josh. I got in touch with the Firewire rep, and he said my Unibrow will be with FCS II. I'm stoked to see what the new system is like, and I've already ordered some FCSII Performer Carbon Tri set and quad set!

Comment

• Phill
                              Phill commented
                              Editing a comment
                              It's worth trying the fins in your board before purchase because I've had a couple of fins that have wobbled side to side in the board.
                              The II system is cool but definitely has it's flaws and weaknesses.

Thanks, Phil. I missed your reply, and I've already got the FCS II fins! Hope they fit!

Comment

Working...
                            X