Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thought I'd chime in about my experiences

I got a set of mediums of the accelerators and the reactors

I was mostly interested in the origin series because I have always preferred the feel of glass ons, but the shaper I got my last custom from didn't have the system yet so I went with FCS 2, gotta say that I am glad I did, it works great and feels way more like glass ons with a solid base connection compared to the old FCS. You can't move the fin forward and back in the box might be the only downfall but I normally just try to get a fin that matches the shaper marks anyways.

They feel great, and i know people don't think it's any big deal not to have to screw, but I surf winters with a 6/5 mm and three fingered gloves and it's night and day to me not having to take the gloves on to screw in other fins

Comment

I have the new FCS system. To be honest I liked the simplicity of the original system.

Comment

• Josh BL
        Josh BL commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting, what don't you like about it? You can use your old fins with the new system too, so I'd imagine it'd be an ideal setup...

- FIJ

Probably because of the focus on the new hocus pokus one or two of my boxes had poor threads for the grub screws, resulting in some minor deformation. But for me the new system was a solution to a non problem. I'm happy to leave my fins where the shaper put them. I couldn't be bothered with multiple adjustability. The fin base issues that people discuss were never issues that I noticed or bothers me when surfing. So for me the original system worked absolutely fine.

Comment

• Phill
        Phill commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I had thread issues with grub screws on mine too, one that wasn't even tapped and most of the others were so tight the material between the plug and the screw hole split a little from the strain.
        I also had issues with a FCSII fin wobbling side to side in the box because the base had been over sanded.
        I was also annoyed that the screws were moved to either side of the box even on the side fins. It meant I could no longer use Powerbase fins with those boxes.
        I'm sure they were early teething problems but I wasn't impressed with the new system or the support I received from FCS when dealing with the issues.
        As a result all my boards since have been Futures which I'm very happy with.

Luckily perhaps I have had no issues using the grub screws in the FCSII fin box. Is it possible not enough care was taken seating them properly so the thread was engaged properly to start with?

Comment

• Phill
        Phill commented
        Editing a comment
        Dunno but I've heard of a lot of people having similar problems
    Working...
    X