X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MR TFX and Nexus H3

Any reports/reviews? The H3 interests me quite a bit!
    Any use for the MR TFX twins? what board is it more suited for?

cheers

Originally posted by luismx View Post

cheers
    Hi I also like the look of the nexus h3 fins but not heard much about them. I have a set of the Mr tfx fins with the keel fin. I run these on my PN when the waves are small and flatish. The fins make the board super loose and fast in the weaker surf. I do find it takes me a couple of waves to get use to the twin fin and the lack of hold. I have pushed hard off the bottom and lost the board completely. But it's good fun.

Comment

Originally posted by pmorgan View Post
      I have pushed hard off the bottom and lost the board completely. But it's good fun.
      isnt surfing just that, GOOD FUN? awesome

Comment

cheers
        @luismx, Never tried MR TFX, but I had a chance to try a board with H3 nexus thruster fins in knee to chest high semi-punchy surf. Just like the FCS website says, these fins generate a lot of speed on bottom turns and cutbacks. It's probably the best FCS fins I've tried so far. They also have quad trailers if you want to run a quad set for more speed! Only drawback is the cost; it is the most expensive fin in the FCS line. Anyways, I highly recommend these fins if you got money to burn.

As for the MRTFX, you could do a quad set consisting of MRTFX fronts with small or medium H3 for those small/mushy weak days.

ALOHA!!

http://www.surffcs.com/us/products/f...exuslarge.aspx
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqMddCf5EKk

Comment

@hawaii_boi

Just what i was hoping to hear! Ive been thinking of getting a set of Rusty R2s (quad set) and some H3 Nexus (thruster), combined with my 5-fin SF4s and my lack of knowledge on fins, could make for some interesting combinations! Maybe the magic set somewhere in there????????

Comment

All the feedback I've heard on the H3s is either love or hate. Some people say they generate tonnes of speed and they love them, others say they couldn't get any speed out of them and hate them haha.

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
              All the feedback I've heard on the H3s is either love or hate. Some people say they generate tonnes of speed and they love them, others say they couldn't get any speed out of them and hate them haha.
              @prjwebb, that's always the case! haha! I did notice though that it does favor more punchy and hollow waves, but works good in weak waves too. Kinda reminds me of the WCT and K2.1 fins. I guess the next question would be what kind of waves were the guys (who did not like the H3) riding?

ALOHA!!
              Last edited by hawaii_boi; 04-11-2013, 03:57 PM.

Comment

@hawaii_boi

Just what i was hoping to hear! Ive been thinking of getting a set of Rusty R2s (quad set) and some H3 Nexus (thruster), combined with my 5-fin SF4s and my lack of knowledge on fins, could make for some interesting combinations! Maybe the magic set somewhere in there????????
                @luismx, it's all about test driving. check out your nearest surf shop to see if they let you test drive FCS fins. I'm sure there is no cost. Btw, what kind of board will you be riding and what type of wave conditions?

ALOHA!!

Comment

Well i currently have a dom,but im going to buy a Unibrow for my summer surf trip downto portugal! Beachies mostly. I dont have a clue about the size or quality of the waves there, but there is a reason why Peniche and Portugal are considered one of the best spots in europe....i hope:P

After that ofcourse,taking my board back home where i can surf everything from x2 OH Barrels to kneeslappers.

Ive never done any fin experimentation, but after riding the dom as a quad, i feel the need to fknd that perfect set, and the need to swap out fins on different days....

Cheers

Comment

I picked up the H-3 Large with quad back fins. Been riding them as a quad so far and they are the best quad setup I have run so far on the HF. I will be trying different thruster set ups in a bit.
                    As far as the R-2 set (which I also picked up) I am looking forward to trying them. I figured that the R-2 would be just about opposite from the feel of the H-3 so figured they would be good to pair in back-to-back sessions.

Comment

Working...
                    X